Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

places to get a multi-entry visa OTHER than immigration

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
uberscheisse

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:12 pm    Post subject: places to get a multi-entry visa OTHER than immigration Reply with quote

i was told by a former colleague who had been here years that you can get a multi-entry visa in other placese besides incheon or mokdong immigration.

he mentioned that you can get one somewhere at COEX, maybe a korean air office?

anyone know? i'd like to avoid the cluster-*beep* that is immigration if i could.
Pangit

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's an immigration office in Uijeongbu. Got my ARC card there, and I suppose that you can get visas there, as well. You might want to call them. Sorry I don't have the number.
Wangja

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there is an immigration office around COEX, although I have not been there myself. I cannot imagine how an airline could issue visas - myabe I'll give Delta a call? Wink

There is also a small immigration office in the KOTRA building, about 2 km south of Yangjae station. This is supposed to be for investors - D8 - so they probably won't handle "new files" but I have heard of others getting multi-entry visas stamped there too.
Saunagukin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a multi-entry visa at the immigration office near Gwanghwamun. Check here http://www.moj.go.kr/immi/08_english/01_introduction/map_f.html

There was no one else in there, took me 5 minutes.

There's is apparently one at the city air terminal in Gangnam, but I haven't been there.
JongnoGuru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saunagukin wrote:
I got a multi-entry visa at the immigration office near Gwanghwamun. Check here http://www.moj.go.kr/immi/08_english/01_introduction/map_f.html

There was no one else in there, took me 5 minutes.

There's is apparently one at the city air terminal in Gangnam, but I haven't been there.

Thanks to the Gwanghwamun IO Annex (they issue multiple re-entry stamps and other verification-type documents that uppity foreigners like myself may need) and the office that Wangja mentions (for actual visa processing), I haven't seen the "Black Hole of Mok-dong" from the inside since they replaced our old booklets for AR Cards. (When was that? This millennium or last?) Anyway, prior to that I don't recall going there since the since the days of the covered wagon and the dial-up modem.

From the comments I've read on Dave's, I guess it's just as bad or worse than ever. Used to be a pain getting to, a pain being there, and only slightly less of a pain getting back. I thought I heard they were improving things. No?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: