Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bally's Gym?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tembo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 6:21 pm    Post subject: Bally's Gym? Reply with quote

I saw a sign in Kangnam Station, for Bally's Fitness Gym. I couldn't tell if it was open, closed, or under construction. Is anyone out there a memeber? If so, what does it cost you? Thanks! --Tembo
katydid

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 7:52 pm    Post subject: Bally's Reply with quote

I heard some bad things about Bally's Gym back in America, as in once you sign a contract they will not let you out of it for any reason. I think they even gave a pregnant woman a hard time saying to her she should have planned for that in advance or something.
Now, maybe Bally's in Korea is not that bad, but in my experience, gyms really charged their custo,ers through the nose and had all these stupid clauses so that they would not have to refund your money if you could no longer attend.
Just be careful...

Katy
itaewonguy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 12:53 am    Post subject: memeber Reply with quote

I was a member in BALLYS in BUndang I joined up the first day the gym opened...
the price there was 120.000 a month
but you must pay another 120.000 for sign up so first month is 240.000
if you quit the gym and want to go back after 3 months you must pay the 120.000 sign up again.. before 3 months you dont...

what do you get for the money??
well they offer all machines, treads etc... also dance classes, karate TAIBO, areobics, cycle etc etc all those fitness classes are free and they have a good variety...
spa, baths, and of course instructors at your disposal...

why did I quit
I stopped going to ballys because I just thought its too expensive!!
I joined the gym next door for 90.000 a month, they offer everything except the fitness classes, but they offer service shorts and tshirts so you dont have to worry about bringing clothes which is cool...

why I quit there

just got lazy this month!!!! hahaahahahah
no no I have no resigned this month, I have been off one week..
I will re sign probably next week, just too BUSY!! Laughing
hahahah love that excuse
Blue Flower

Location: The realisation that I only have to endure two more weeks in this filthy, perverted, nasty place!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you just go to the gyms casually? I want to try it out before i buy it. Also, do they develop a programme for you when you join/sign up? And most importantly, does it matter if you can only speak 2 Korean words????
itaewonguy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 4:34 am    Post subject: its sweet Reply with quote

language is not a problem, there will be someone who can speak English
yes you get a free one hour with a personal trainer together you go over what you want do, slose weight, endurance etc... then measure body fat etc...
you can go casually the first times, I think you can even go casual,,I think it costs 8000 a day..
john

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 4:17 pm    Post subject: Free 2 week pass Reply with quote

Check the web site!

http://www.ballyfitness.com/

They don't have Korea as an option for the 2 week pass but I got to think that they would approve a pass if you went under the contact us section.

I have a Bally' s membership at a sweet 45$ a year that I didnt think that I could use in Korea !!! Come to me Ballys!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: