Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A warning for the Dutch.....
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sundubuman

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 5:47 am    Post subject: A warning for the Dutch..... Reply with quote

The Dutch, arguably the most open and tolerant branch of the human family....are dealing with the results of their unbridled political
correctness.

Open letter warns of blood and revenge

3 May 2005

AMSTERDAM — Mohammed B., the man arrested for the murder of Theo Van Gogh, wrote an "open letter to the Dutch people" before the attack warning they will pay in blood for the slaughter of millions of Muslims.

OM: Mohammed B. led Hofstad network

Public prosecutor Koos Plooy stressed in Rotterdam Court on Tuesday that the letter was no joke or an idle boast.

B. starts his letter full of praise for Allah and writes that God has instructed Muslims to "kill them", referring to "the non-believing people of the Netherlands".

He praised the 11 September terrorist attacks in the US and cursed the co-operation between the US and the Netherlands in "the fight for world dominion between belief and unbelief".

Referring to victims of what he sees as the US-led aggression in Muslim countries, the 27-year-old Dutch-Moroccan said that as "culprits of the death and torture of our brothers and sisters you must pay your debt with your own blood".

He warned that life will turn to hell and will only return to peace when the Dutch government abandons the murder and rape of Muslims.

"It would not be wise to trivialise the contents of this letter. Because the deep seriousness of this letter would not be understood, nor would the context of the enormous library that was carefully spread among suspects — full with radical-political literature — nor the manner and the moment in which this letter surfaced," prosecutor Plooy said.

He said the document was discovered when Mohammed B. became the first member of the Hofstad group to put his ideology into action. His target was Theo van Gogh, "an exponent" of the non-believers.

Van Gogh was subsequently shot and stabbed to death on an Amsterdam street last November.

The prosecutor said B. was also convened about the contents of the letter. e referred to it in his last will and testament, which was drawn up in case he was killed by police after attacking Van Gogh.

In his will, B. said the letter could have negative consequence for the "brothers and sisters" and they needed to decide at a meeting after his death whether to publish it or not.

A preliminary hearing against 12 alleged members of the suspected terror network Hofstad group was held in Rotterdam Court on Tuesday.

Mohammed B. was described as the leader of the group for the first time, but is not yet on trial for his role in the group. B.'s murder trial will start in July.
Ya-ta Boy

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
dealing with the results of their unbridled political
correctness.

Aren't you going just a little bit overboard? This murder was the act of an extemist.

The opposite of tolerance is forced assimilation. Is that really the answer? I suppose that might appeal to a member of a majority, but I doubt many minorities, anywhere in the world would like that. As a minority in Korea, I would not have wanted to be forced to accept all of Korean culture.

It is not 'political correctness' to respect the rights of the minority, although right wing extremists these days seem to want people to believe that.

It is fanaticism of any kind that is dangerous.
dogbert

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya-ta Boy wrote:
Quote:
correctness.

Aren't you going just a little bit overboard? This murder was the act of an extemist.

The opposite of tolerance is forced assimilation. Is that really the answer? I suppose that might appeal to a member of a majority, but I doubt many minorities, anywhere in the world would like that. As a minority in Korea, I would not have wanted to be forced to accept all of Korean culture.

It is not 'political correctness' to respect the rights of the minority, although right wing extremists these days seem to want people to believe that.

The answer is that the Dutch have no obligation to allow militant Middle Easterners to make the Netherlands their home. It's idiocy.

Many years ago, the Netherlands took a stronger stand against allowing Arabs and Jews to live there and was a more peaceful country for it.
Joo Rip Gwa Rhhee

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya-ta Boy wrote:
Quote:
correctness.

I agree with you Ya Ta boy.

However what is in the post is exactly what the followers of Bin Laden are thinking. It is impossible to please them with anything short of surrender.

Al Qadia fights to conquer the mid east but they have their long term sites on much more than just the mid east.

Al Qaida doesn't fight because of what the US has done - they fight to regain the Caliphate.
desultude

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dogbert wrote:
Ya-ta Boy wrote:
Quote:
correctness.

The answer is that the Dutch have no obligation to allow militant Middle Easterners to make the Netherlands their home. It's idiocy.

Many years ago, the Netherlands took a stronger stand against allowing Arabs and Jews to live there and was a more peaceful country for it.[/

Damn, tell that to Ann Frank. This is just a stupid ass thing to say. Ummm, I had better not say racist, but. . .shoe, fit, etc.
dogbert

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

desultude wrote:
dogbert wrote:
Ya-ta Boy wrote:
Quote:
correctness.

Many years ago, the Netherlands took a stronger stand against allowing Arabs and Jews to live there and was a more peaceful country for it.[/

Damn, tell that to Ann Frank. This is just a stupid ass thing to say. Ummm, I had better not say racist, but. . .shoe, fit, etc.

Perhaps, but then again, I'm not wrong.
sundubuman

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya-ta Boy wrote:
Quote:
correctness.

As a minority in Korea, I would not have wanted to be forced to accept all of Korean culture.

Yata....Yata....Yata.....

The Dutch didn't..and don't expect anyone to "accept all of Dutch culture"....whatever that might mean...."YOU MUST EAT GOUDA AND SIROOPWAFLES!!!!!"

But what they are DEMANDING....is quite simple.....if a foreigner wants to live in Holland, they must respect the freedom of speech of all people.

Simple, huh?
canuckistan
Mod Team
Mod Team

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
...."YOU MUST EAT GOUDA AND SIROOPWAFLES!!!!!"

That's stroopwaffles Cool
sundubuman

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dogbert wrote:
Ya-ta Boy wrote:
Quote:
correctness.

Many years ago, the Netherlands took a stronger stand against allowing Arabs and Jews to live there and was a more peaceful country for it.

Ohmy.....

What the hell does Anne Frank have to do with this murdering scumbag???

Your leftist NEED to see moral equivalency between "the Jew" and "the Muslim" is cute....but also....it is pathetic and dangerous.
dulouz

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes tolerance is just really really bad judgement. Its like tolerating a drunk while he beats on someone. Sometimes its not tolerance, just lack of courage and sound judgement.
Cthulhu

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm all for toleration, but it has to work both ways. If some immigrants (not all of them) cling to retrograde or violent beliefs then they should be sent packing. The stuff regularly shouted by Imams from London to Vancouver would offend anyone, yet there's no effort to remove them back to their places of origin. On top of this they are gaining a following. Being tolerant of the intolerant is a recipe for disaster.
Leslie Cheswyck

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ann F*cking Frank, my ass.

Des, you have stooped to a new low.
funplanet

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you're right cthulhu....no society should have to tolerate these hate-spewing immans just for the sake of "toleration." bullsh*t!! pack em up and send em back to the desert from hence they came...

they come to our countries and expect us to accept their ways without excepting ours...sorry bud, if you don't like it don't come...

I will accept you if you live by the civilized rules we all agree on but don't come talking about killing infidels, beating your women or honor killings or such...you can stay home...

too much toleration blinds us all to the dangers...
Leslie Cheswyck

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://timblair.spleenville.com/archives/007994.php

November 10, 2004
NEW HOLLAND
Theo van Gogh's murder has transformed the Dutch:

Now, with the manifestation of a violent form of intolerance in their midst, the iron has entered their souls. After decades of welcoming immigration and preaching multiculturalism, they now propose to expel failed asylum-seekers and to assimilate those who settle, rather than permit de facto religious segregation. If neo-conservatives are liberals who have been mugged by reality, the Dutch are fast becoming a nation of neo-conservatives.

While the Arab-European League accused the Dutch immigration minister of giving a "Hitler speech" at a rally in protest at van Gogh's murder, the Dutch know who the real Hitlers are. Even the most liberal society is illiberal when it is a question of survival. The Dutch see those who dream of Europe under a revived caliphate as a threat to their way of life. The prospect of Islamist imams imposing sharia law on Dutch cities amounts, they feel, to a new Nazi occupation.

Van Gogh's murder has proved him right about the hardline Islamists. Their ideology is inimical to all that the Dutch hold dear. Last night, as van Gogh's cremation was seen on television, the tension was palpable. Holland is now the crucible of Europe. Not even the most tolerant people on earth can tolerate the Islamists.

With you all the way, Dutchies.

by Tim Blair

rapier

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The dutch are great...their tolerance is part of their charm: BUT.. it was easy to see that the situation there regarding Morroccans, Turks and other muslim immigrants was getting out of control.
they were too soft.

I noticed muslims behaving terribly in virtually every town in Holland: aggressively weilding knives in nightclubs, dominating the vice trade, and just generally ignorant behavior on the streets.

The dutch, like the English, have been too welcoming.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: