Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

12, 14 and 16 year old sisters give birth....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Babayaga

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply to Desultude: Re: Snobbery Reply with quote

First of all, I wasn't looking down on those teenage girls ! I happen to feel really sorry for them,that they have such responsibilities at such a young age. I also don't think that it's THEIR FAULT that they're having babies at this age. Certainly they're too immature to make good decisions! When I described my activities at that age,I wasn't trying to show how GREAT I was at that age,or how SUPERIOR I was at that age to these poor kids,it was simply to show that my parents kept me busy and thus out of trouble.I was arguing that if these girls were encouraged to get interested in important,energy---and time---consuming activities,then they wouldn't be interested in sex at the age of 12 !

I happen to think that the mother should have made some effort to bring them up better. Like taking parenting classes,trying to upgrade her education,etc. True,it's difficult to break the cycle of poverty and poor education,but it's still possible. A lot depends on a person's character.

My mother grew up in poverty and received poor parenting,but was still determined to give lessons that she didn't have to her children.I should add,though,that education was stressed in her family,and she does have a university degree.It's just that she didn't get music lessons and other privileges,and her mother didn't take good care of her in the physical and emotional sense.

Her sister grew up in the same situation,but had a different outlook:she's a lousy mother,because she argued that if she wasn't looked after properly,then she's not obligated to look after HER kids. Even though education was stressed in her family,she didn't stress the importance of it to her children. And she's a PH.D.!

In my father's family,some of his nephews had poor parenting and continued the pattern. One nephew was raised in similar circumstances,but decided that he wanted to give his kids education,and did! And he's an ALCOHOLIC !

To sum up: a classy PH.D. doesn't educate her kids,but an uneducated alcoholic does! The reason for this discrepancy : ATTITUDE ,RESPONSIBILITY and a CARING PERSONALITY!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: