Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Travel Agents
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cassimira

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I've seen a few good things on here about Ettehad Travel, but they all seem to be from a couple of years ago.... anyone try them recently?

Also, if you're willing to pay in USD, asaptickets.com is pretty good. You DO have to talk to a travel agent, but they are generally very polite and helpful, and will really bust their asses trying to get you the best itinerary and price... the last time I used them the agent actually stayed in the office two hours past closing time to try and nail down an elusive last-minute, discount fare for us!
toadkillerdog

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to add my own 2 cents for Soho Travel. Jeong, Jong-Ho arranged my last trip to the US for me, my wife and 2 babies. As far as I am concerned he was excellent. Great English, friendly, understanding, and fast. I had been looking for about a month for tickets but couldn't find what I needed. He had exactly what I wanted in less than 2 hours.

Outstanding service!
Lee Myung Bak

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't go with Soho. While he is a nice guy, he rips you off. I once got a quote from him flying Cathay Pacific and out of curiosity, I went to their website where I was offered 40,000 Won cheaper per ticket for the exact same flight! Therefore, I no longer trust his heavy commission rate. Most agents are like this. I would avoid them if possible. The only benefit is you don't have to pay immediately like you do on an airline website.

However, if Go to Korean travel websites Hanna tour, 072.com, or interpark.co.kr you can reserve and transfer money some time after reserving. Some agents just book on these websites. If you can't navigate the website in Korean, have a Korean friend or co-worker help you. These are the cheapest deals out there!

AVOID SOHO!!!!
joeheckel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:15 am    Post subject: Dont use SKY Travel or Top Travel agencies Reply with quote

Both of these agencies quoted me super low prices, provided me with e-tckets numbers, took my money and when I got to the airport they had no notice of me in their systems. After several days of delays and two different trips to the airport without being able to board, we finally got them to refund our money (after waiting 12 days). They were nice to my gf who speaks fluent Korean but they definitely overcommited and under delivered!

Avoid them if you want to avoid the headaches we experienced.
2000zerozero

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:08 pm    Post subject: Kangsan Reply with quote

Had REALLY good experiences with Kangsan my first year (3 vacays). Then. . .

The lady I always use kept putting me off for tix to Thailand this August. Kept saying the "fare not in yet. Don't know why!! Sorry!!! Will tell you ASAP!!! (insert Ksmileys)."

Then 3 months later in early July when the fare "came in" (I booked in April to get on the cheap), she emails me with the price to Bangkok at over 850K won. Oh, the trickery!

My bad. Should have gone with Xanadu when I saw the fares hovering around 500-600 rather than try to be loyal. Live & learn.
chris_J2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumbs up to Xanadu Travel (Gimpo) who out-competed 3 other travel agents, & China Air Seoul office this week.
teachingld2004

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:05 am    Post subject: SOHO - Zenith Reply with quote

I just booked a flight on December 10th to J.F.K.
SOHO wanted 1.9, and Zenith wanted 1.6.
Same flight.
heretoday

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:28 pm    Post subject: travel agents Reply with quote

If you need an agent, try Unique Travel in Itaewon. Here is their info.:
www.uniquetravel.co.kr. / 02-792-0606 Ken is an excellent English speaker and is especially helpful.

If you just want to buy tickets online, try http://bestcheapairtravel.com.
Their prices are good.
HoldenOversoul

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:48 am    Post subject: Updates? Reply with quote

Are there any updates?
daisydew

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, i would like to know if there are updates too. i need a ticket to vietnam and another to hong kong.
Guiness on Tap

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zenith Travel was pretty good in helping out my Israeli friend with her China Visa (even though her ARC had less than 4months left on it) and planning a long trip through most of Europe before heading back to the States.
Wystan spoke good English and helped plan most of the itinerary
02-594-2445 [email protected]
Or check out momondo (www.momondo.com), their online ticket prices seem fairly cheap
kateinkorea

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anybody happen to have a cell phone number for Mr. Kang who runs Zenith Travel?
AustSaint

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will never use Zenith again, I booked and paid for tickets to Melbourne and thought that was everything was okay. I get an email today, a day before I am leaving that my tickets have been canceled by accident. It is a Saturday and there is no answer, and the guy says he has no money to give me a refund or a new ticket. So never use Zenith, I will never use them again.
CheeseSandwich

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously, DON'T USE ZENITH TRAVEL.

They may have been good once but no more.

I booked a flight WAY back in April and have recently found out that he canceled my reservation last week. I paid him 1.2 million for the tickets and he is complaining that he has no money.

My friend was supposed to be in Hong Kong this week, same story.

Same story with the dude who was waiting in his office when I got there and likely tons of other people.
falco

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another story to add to the Zenith Tours horror saga. I booked two flights about six weeks ago. The first was from Icheon to Beijing to do a 4 night tour of the DPRK and another ticket from Beijing to Australia once the DPRK tour was finished. Total cost was W1,200,000. Not a bad price for the trip I thought so I bought it. Two nights before(!) I was due to fly off to Beijing, I get an e-mail from Mr Kang stating that my tickets had been accidentally cancelled but he could get tickets for later on for another W1,200,000 with a possible refund later on. By this time a refund for the DPRK tour was not possible and the only way I got to Beijing on time was to buy a business class ticket for W550,000. I'm now back in China with no ticket to anywhere despite a Korean friend repeatedly trying to contact Mr Kang back in Korea while I was away. I now dont know whether to carry on my vacation plans by buying a ticket to Aust from here or head back to the ROK and punch Mr Kangs lights out.

HEED THE WARNINGS HERE AND ABOVE - AVOID THIS COMPANY LIKE THE PLAGUE.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: