Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Electronics in Busan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
archmagos

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:49 pm    Post subject: Electronics in Busan Reply with quote

Hi Guys

I know that there are a few Busan people here, so I'm hoping that someone can recommend a good place to buy electronics. I know that there is a building near the Lotte Department Store and Outback steakhouse at Myeongnyun-dong station, but this certainly isn't on a Yongsan scale.

Can anybody recommend somewhere? Specifically, I need to find some router power supplies and a few ATX power cables (I know the Myeongnyun-dong centre will have the later), although it would be nice to know if there are larger places to look.
denverdeath

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would say that Gaya Computer is the best place you'll find here. not nearly as big as yongsan, but much more on offer there than the other two places you mentioned anyway.

you might be more interested in shopping online too.

http://www.enuri.com/

http://danawa.com/
archmagos

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip about Gaya Computer town - I'll definitely check that out.

Normally I would shop online, but looking for this particular power supply will be time consuming and will probably involve taking the router there so I can confirm it works.
denverdeath

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

archmagos wrote:

Normally I would shop online, but looking for this particular power supply will be time consuming and will probably involve taking the router there so I can confirm it works.

there are kind of three rows of shops on two different floors there. if you look around a bit, you can probably find what you're looking for.

is the place you were talking about in seo-myeon that ETLand place? sometimes they have what your looking for, but probably not what you're specifically looking for now.

the only other place that i know of in the seo-myeon area is the bujeon electronics market. look for really huge, ugly greenish-yellow or something buildings beside the open-air fruit/vegetable market. however, the one time i was in there, it seemed quite like myeongnyun...not really much of anything there....seemed like a better place for musicians than computer people, but they did have lots of weird(interesting) crap all over the place there.

i've also heard about some place in the hadan area, but have never been, so can't really comment on it.
archmagos

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

denverdeath wrote:
archmagos wrote:

there are kind of three rows of shops on two different floors there. if you look around a bit, you can probably find what you're looking for.

is the place you were talking about in seo-myeon that ETLand place? sometimes they have what your looking for, but probably not what you're specifically looking for now.

the only other place that i know of in the seo-myeon area is the bujeon electronics market. look for really huge, ugly greenish-yellow or something buildings beside the open-air fruit/vegetable market. however, the one time i was in there, it seemed quite like myeongnyun...not really much of anything there....seemed like a better place for musicians than computer people, but they did have lots of weird(interesting) crap all over the place there.

i've also heard about some place in the hadan area, but have never been, so can't really comment on it.

Thanks again for the tips. I found what I was looking for, but useful for future reference.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: