Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FREE BOOK EXCHANGE - SEOUL--IN ITAEWON
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lawyertood

Location: Seoul, Incheon and the World--working undercover for the MOJ

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 1:57 am    Post subject: FREE BOOK EXCHANGE - SEOUL--IN ITAEWON Reply with quote

FREE BOOK EXCHANGE !!!

The free book exchange in Seoul once a month on the
2nd SUNDAY is up and running again in Itaewon.

We hold the book exchange at the Homestead Coffee in Itaewon.

To get there exit Itaewon station at exit #2, walk down maybe 50 meters. Look for the giant coffee cup on the roof. It is across the street from Kookmin Bank (KB). Keep in mind that this is a business so some patronage would be appreciated.

From 1-3 pm on Sunday, December 9.

Rules: Leave as many as you want, take as many as you want. Come even if you don't have any books to leave. Hope to see you there.

Last edited by lawyertood on Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:40 am; edited 71 times in total
lawyertood

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I can't make it this month, I would like to extend an invitation to anyone who likes to read to attend. We are running out of storage room for books so, even if you don't have books to exchange, please come and help yourself. If you are new to Korea and live in the area this is a good chance to meet other teachers and pick up some reading material in the process.
joe_doufu

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm bringing Harry Potter (6) this time... you better bring something to bribe me with!
freebeerandchicken

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'll be there! i need some new literature. i'm bringing some dvd's too in case i can make some trades.
lilla_fjaril

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you on for January 15th? The message hasn't been updated.

And you're running out of space? Does that mean I should leave all my crappy Tom Clancy novels at home? Confused
beekeeper3000

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

same question as above (about it happening) PLUS:

how does this work? i mean, do i only give up my books if the potential trader is worthy? can i leave whatever books i want there regardless?

man, i have about 1000 copies of the da vinci code that either need to be dropped off or burned....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
lawyertood

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leave what you want to, take what you want to...
joe_doufu

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lilla_fjaril wrote:
Are you on for January 15th?

The second sunday should be the 8th. I'll be there. The way it works is, there's a closet full of books that have been left in the past. We put them on a table, add whatever ones we've brought to donate, and take whatever we want. You take as many as you like. We're "running out of space" means the closet is getting full, so... take more than you give!
beekeeper3000

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, no! did i miss it?!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
joe_doufu

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beekeeper3000 wrote:
oh, no! did i miss it?!

it'll come around again.
Atkinson

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joe_doufu wrote:
beekeeper3000 wrote:
oh, no! did i miss it?!

it'll come around again.

I was there, and they told me they're on vacation next month, so it won't be open again until March.
joe_doufu

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atkinson wrote:
joe_doufu wrote:
beekeeper3000 wrote:
oh, no! did i miss it?!

it'll come around again.

I was there, and they told me they're on vacation next month, so it won't be open again until March.

Which person were you?

Several of us regulars were there. Some of us said, I won't be here next time, see you in March. That happens every time. Some people will be there in February. February will probably be my last book exchange, as I'm going to China shortly after.

PS: Who is "they"? and what is it that won't be "open"? The closet doesn't have a lock.
Atkinson

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joe_doufu wrote:
Atkinson wrote:

Which person were you?

Several of us regulars were there. Some of us said, I won't be here next time, see you in March. That happens every time. Some people will be there in February. February will probably be my last book exchange, as I'm going to China shortly after.

PS: Who is "they"? and what is it that won't be "open"? The closet doesn't have a lock.

I was the guy in the grey ski jacket who came with a tall Korean woman who was looking for easy-to-read stuff, and who eventually took that book about the brutal child abuse case which everyone agreed was totally tragic, but a good story. I gave her The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time while I was there. I took The Deceiver and Turtle Diaries at others' recommendations.

"They" is the bookcrossing woman who seemed to be running the place, or at least doing all of the greeting and small talk, sandy hair, was pushing me towards the Vampire Chronicles books, took my War and Peace, and recommended The Deceiver. "They" said, "We won't be here next month unless somebody else can come and open up."

So, if I show up before 2:00 next month, the room will be open, I can just start putting the books out, and things will flow organically from there. Is that about right?
joe_doufu

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right. I've been the first one once or twice, and started to put the books out myself. I think by "we" she meant she and her husband. I'm gonna try to be there in February.
guerrrro

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im here for another month, and need a good read for the last weeks im here, i only brought one book over hehehe, and thats "motorcycle diaries" the travelogues of ernesto che guevara... anyone wanna do a swap?? something along the lines of travelogue, or chuck palahniuk style would be great. if not then kyobo here i come...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 1 of 16

Jump to: