Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

tattoos, acceptable?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amck

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have three tattoos and can cover them up easily with clothes, but I am worried that Korean people may think different of me for having them.

If other teachers see my tattoos what would they think? Would they treat me any different?
vim23

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a guy with a ring nose piercing will it affect my interview and should I not wear it if i get a job in seoul??
erinn14

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vim23 - - I would put a retainer (I suggest bioflex or glass) in your nose piercing for your interview and in the beginning stages of your job. You can get one at most body piercing studio's for a pretty decent price (my studio sells them for less than $10). Buy a few of them if you end up teaching in Seoul.

I have two small high nostril piercings (studs) - however I wear glasses, so they aren't super noticeable. I totally spaced and forgot to take them out during my Skype interview. They were not noticed and nothing was said. However when I head over in Feb (to Incheon) I am going to put in retainers and then ask the Director.
MikeH

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know if this has changed? I'm applying to EPIK and I have a scheduled appointment to get some art on my upper left arm before I leave. I've read a few articles saying that EPIK has been cracking down on candidates with tattoos lately. If it is a piece that will never come out in my work life should I even mention it? Thanks for the advice guys!
olibia89

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeH, EPIK turned me down last year because of my tattoos, so if it's easily covered up, I might not mention it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: