Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Farting on the subways??? Do Koreans tolerate it more?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ronnie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:28 am    Post subject: Farting on the subways??? Do Koreans tolerate it more? Reply with quote

Okay, so I have a strong penchant for letting em rip whenever I have to. I'm a firm believer in paying attention to your body's needs.

Since many Koreans have no problem with picking their noses, doing their makeup, picking zits, FANNING THEIR BALLSACS, horking lugees while they're sitting on the train or pissing onto the tracks....etc... My question is this...why do I get such funny looks when I giver 'er for all it's worth on the train?

I mean, this one time, I let a silent one go, you know, the kind that is likened to a flamethrower. The nice lady next to me actually got up and switched seats. I was really upset.

Why is farting a no no? It hurts my feelings.

What's everyone else's feeling about public flatulence?
RACETRAITOR

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe yours just smell worse.
ronnie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite possibly...though, I wouldn't think they smell any worse. I eat the same food...well, maybe I eat a few more veggies than the average Korean, but that's only because my girlfriend makes me.

Most of the time they're fine, but I'm not sure.

Seriously though, sometimes I let em rip and no one blinks an eye. The loud ones that don't smell so bad.

Some people don't mind at all. Some people move.

Back home, people absolutely hate me for it.
Boodleheimer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how many dates does it take for you to unapologetically fart in front of a girl?
jaganath69

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KWhitehead wrote:
how many dates does it take for you to unapologetically fart in front of a girl?

If she ain't down with it the first time in the sack, she can jolly well go fark herself.
ronnie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KWhitehead wrote:

For me.....one. hahahahhaha.

My current GF (the one that I am here with) saw the worst of me the first night she met me.

I was at a very crowded "university" bar. I was paid a decent amount of money to table dance and I ended up stripping down to my boxer, ending with someone ripping dowm my boxers too....that's when the very large bouncers came for me. Sad Anyways, she happened to just walk out of the ladies room, just as I was pulling my pants down. She walked out to a sight of my skinny arse almost nekkid on a table amidst a cheering crowd of drunken college kids. Needless to say, I charmed her pants off....hahahah.
(fortunately, this is all on video hahahahahaha)

The next night we hung out, I farted hard. She was okay with it. Of course she thought it was gross, but it was good!!! I knew she was a keeper. hahahahaha.
ronnie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyways, back on topic.

soo..... DO YOU? HUH? DO YOU??? Do you think it is more acceptable here, or not?
DCJames

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Koreans have no problem with picking their noses, doing their makeup, picking zits, FANNING THEIR BALLSACS, horking lugees

you forgot picking earwax with fingers.
Dev

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No You're not allowed to fart. Koreans ignore each other, but pay great attention to foreigners. You're under the microscope, buddy.
Just think. If you decide to marry your GF, you'll probably be under intense scrutinization from her father - far more than if you were Korean. That's just the way it goes here.
shevek

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: Farting on the subways??? Do Koreans tolerate it more? Reply with quote

ronnie wrote:
one time, I let a silent one go, you know, the kind that is likened to a flamethrower. The nice lady next to me actually got up and switched seats.

Best thread ever.

She'll be telling the story about the time the dreadful waeguk farted on her to her grandkids.

You actually changed someone's life.

Awesome.
Roch

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Farting on the subways??? Do Koreans tolerate it more? Reply with quote

shevek wrote:
ronnie wrote:
one time, I let a silent one go, you know, the kind that is likened to a flamethrower. The nice lady next to me actually got up and switched seats.

Best thread ever.

She'll be telling the story about the time the dreadful waeguk farted on her to her grandkids.

Awesome.

Word.
cj1976

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was ok for men to let rip whenever they had the urge. In fact, I believed this to be a innate right of men all over the world. But women farting - well that's just disgusting! Smile
jaganath69

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Farting on the subways??? Do Koreans tolerate it more? Reply with quote

shevek wrote:
ronnie wrote:

Best thread ever.

Awesome.

Reminds me of a time earlier this year. We'd been playing pool up in Goyang si and got in the elevator, all 5 of us. Having had a few beers, my mate and I dropped a couple of stinkers. The look on the face of the princess who got in after and had to endure the 6 floor ride to fresh air was priceless.
periwinkle

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Farting on the subways??? Do Koreans tolerate it more? Reply with quote

ronnie wrote:
Okay, so I have a strong penchant for letting em rip whenever I have to. I'm a firm believer in paying attention to your body's needs.

Since many Koreans have no problem with picking their noses, doing their makeup, picking zits, FANNING THEIR BALLSACS, horking lugees while they're sitting on the train or pissing onto the tracks....etc... My question is this...why do I get such funny looks when I giver 'er for all it's worth on the train?

I mean, this one time, I let a silent one go, you know, the kind that is likened to a flamethrower. The nice lady next to me actually got up and switched seats. I was really upset.

Why is farting a no no? It hurts my feelings.

What's everyone else's feeling about public flatulence?

Best thread EVER~ *Edit* Looks like someone beat me to that comment. I'd like to know how you could possibly keep a straight face after the lady got up and moved. I was in Insa dong once when one of my friends audibly farted while we were walking down the street. Some kyopo girls behind us got into a very loud conversation about it- I was laughing so hard I had tears on my cheeks. They were like, "Oh. My. God. That is sooooooooooo NASTY! Did you hear that? That's just so gross~ why would you DO that?! Some people have NO manners. Eeeeeewwwwwwwwwww.. Let's cross the street so we don't have to walk behind them. I think a GIRL did it, too. God, that's SO gross. Oh my GOD!..." Twisted Evil Har har har~
Dan The Chainsawman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I try my best not to look to obvious about it when I let fly with a bronx cheer, but as a certain elbow jabbing ajuma can tesitfy I fail on occasion. A few months ago after a largish meal at Carne station that was liberally mixed with drinks I staggered onto the subway. An ajuma starts giving me the elbow jabs of doom, and in response I let rip with a fart that singed my butt hairs and burnt a hole in my boxers. My friend with me said that he was sure that the old biddy was paralyzed after I had unleashed my own patented formula of chemically enhanced methane death on her.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: