Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Marshmallows at Watson's for 1,000 won

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mindmetoo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:57 am    Post subject: Marshmallows at Watson's for 1,000 won Reply with quote

I noticed Watsons (a drug store you can find in Edae and Myeong Dong) is selling bags of marshmallows for $1. I think I've seen these on for $3 in the foreign foods section in department stores. A deal. A steal.
Ya-ta Boy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try Home Plus. Multi-colored marshmallows in fancy designs.

A bit much for your hot chocolate, but might look good flaming on the end of a coat hanger.
JongnoGuru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Marshmallows at Watson's for 1,000 won Reply with quote

mindmetoo wrote:
I noticed Watsons (a drug store you can find in Edae and Myeong Dong) is selling bags of marshmallows for $1.

Oh yeah? What else have they got that's a deal, a steal?

I may end up being flamed on the end of a coat hanger for this, but I've never liked marshmallows. There's an ice cream that has them, and whenever someone gave me that I'd have to eat around the marshmallows. I can eat the odd ChocoPie-type dessert snack, but it has to be chilled to frozen. There's something about that fluffy, puffy, gooey centre that I find off-putting, and at room temperature almost inedible. And I wish the cookie part were firmer instead of soft & spongy.

A similar dessert dislike of mine is that choux cream which Koreans love so much. Whether pearlescent white or jaundice yellow, it's a slimy, filmy, slick, yick!, poor-man's substitute for proper whipped cream. Is it not?

So, what else have they got at Watson's?
mindmetoo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Marshmallows at Watson's for 1,000 won Reply with quote

JongnoGuru wrote:
mindmetoo wrote:
I noticed Watsons (a drug store you can find in Edae and Myeong Dong) is selling bags of marshmallows for $1.

Oh yeah? What else have they got that's a deal, a steal?

I may end up being flamed on the end of a coat hanger for this, but I've never liked marshmallows. There's an ice cream that has them, and whenever someone gave me that I'd have to eat around the marshmallows. I can eat the odd ChocoPie-type dessert snack, but it has to be chilled to frozen. There's something about that fluffy, puffy, gooey centre that I find off-putting, and at room temperature almost inedible. And I wish the cookie part were firmer instead of soft & spongy.

A similar dessert dislike of mine is that choux cream which Koreans love so much. Whether pearlescent white or jaundice yellow, it's a slimy, filmy, slick, yick!, poor-man's substitute for proper whipped cream. Is it not?

So, what else have they got at Watson's?

I don't much cotton onto eating them raw. But I do like to make rice crispy squares.

Watsons is similar to Olive Young. Their snack section is always worth a look see to see what's on sale. Lots of Japanese snacks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: