Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pet Adoption in Korea
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Buy/Sell/Trade Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mm

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr Pets in Gangnam

Mari Animal Hospital in Hongdae

Chunghwa Animal Hospital in Itaewon

All speak English, I know Dr Pets and Chunghwa do the shots and forms for flying, I am not sure about Mari.

I use a small vets office in my neighborhood, they are small but very thorough and always have time for me and any silly question I may ask.
aweitzm1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mm wrote:
Dr Pets in Gangnam

Mari Animal Hospital in Hongdae

Chunghwa Animal Hospital in Itaewon

All speak English, I know Dr Pets and Chunghwa do the shots and forms for flying, I am not sure about Mari.

I use a small vets office in my neighborhood, they are small but very thorough and always have time for me and any silly question I may ask.

Thanks for your help.
jiyull

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Animal Name: Turkish Angora
City/Location: Ansan, Gyeonggi-do
Breed: Turkish Angora
Sex: Male
Spayed / Neutered: not sure, but will get it verified.
Size: big boy, looking at him, he seems heavy, but he is actually not that heavy.
Health status/ vaccinations: Unsure, recently for parvo.
Behaviour/Personality:
He will be very cautious with anyone at first and even run away...but once he feels safe...
He is very laid-back and will actually come to you if you call him. \
He likes sleeping beside me and I often wake up because of him, meowing and licking me for breakfast.
He enjoys sitting on the veranda window ledge, watching outside.
He has a couple of toys that he likes to play around with.
If you're watching TV and you have a couch, he will come and sit beside you or try to sit on your lap or beside you, if you are on your computer.
He is dealing with an infection from being declawed, although there seems to be improvements.
He hates being in a cage or carrier, I had to back to DR.Pet with him for a checkup; he cried the whole way, haha...
Rescue story: Abandoned at Dr.Pet
Adoption fee: 50,000

LOOKING FOR a permanent home:
I can only foster this cat, as I have an awesome cat waiting for me back home, can only keep him for less than a year. Permanent home is all he wants, like any other cat.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs619.snc4/57958_738457614069_120800189_45739802_240812_n.jpg
freedom4nations

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deleted

Last edited by freedom4nations on Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:41 am; edited 1 time in total
cbeckhurst

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:27 am    Post subject: Two wonderful cats need a home Reply with quote

Dear Cat lover

I am leaving Seoul on December 18th and I am looking for a home for my two cats, Cham (brown one) and Chi (black and white one). They are brothers and are really loving, friendly indoor cats. Cham and Chi entertain themselves and are very easy to look after.

I am unwilling to separate them as they are related and they clearly love each other very much. Cham and Chi are two years old and I adopted them when they were kittens. They sleep like babies through the night and will often cuddle up close to you and one another.

I had always planned to take them home with me however under these particular circumstances I am unable to do so which is actually heart breaking. I am looking for a permanent home and for someone who is going to love them as much as I do.

They are both spayed and vaccinations are up to date.

I can provide both litter trays, a scratching post and tower, some toys and food.

As I say I am leaving on December 18th however I would ideally like to find a home for them by November 24th as I need to move apartments at this time.

If you have any questions or are interested in taking Cham and Chi on, please contact me at [email protected]
doomlaut

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:43 am    Post subject: Sweet Little Guinea Pig Needs A New Home Reply with quote

My husband and I adopted two little guinea pigs who a kind foreigner had rescued after they had been abandoned outside her apartment complex in the cold this winter to die. They got along so great together and were just the happiest of companions. My husband and I really fell in love with both of them. I have had guinea pigs since I was very young so have had quite a few over the years, but these two seemed to be two especially adventurous, curious pigs with a ton of personality. The bigger pig was definitely the more adventurous of the two. She would lead her sister around our apartment on 'expeditions', and then after their adventure was finished they would fall asleep cuddled together. Sadly, she got sick this summer. We did the best we could and I hand fed her with a syringe for four days straight but she didn't make it.

Now her little sister is quite lost. She seems much more timid now, more shy, and I feel so badly for her. To top it all off, my husband and I are not being resigned at our contracts that we had assumed were a done deal. This means that our last day in Korea is November 6, and this is coming extremely unexpectedly. Now we are scrambling trying to tie up loose ends as we have decided it would be best for us to return to the States for grad school vs. trying Korea again with a new job. I've been calling airlines and doing research online and with local vets, but so far it looks like it's next to impossible to bring this little girl home with me. I had really wanted to, as I felt I could give her a good life in the States and I feel that she would deserve it.

If there are any kind souls out there who would be able to give this little girl a warm, safe home where she could be happy it would mean the world to me. She's been through quite a lot for such a little thing and she deserves a good life. I hate the idea of putting her in a shelter but if our end date comes and we haven't found a home yet I don't know if I'll have another option. Even someone who would be willing to look after her temporarily and find her a permanent home would be amazing.

Now the details. Her name is 'Hamlet'. The vet guesses that she is very young, maybe 1-2 years old. She is all white with black and brown coloring on her head and ears (she is the girl at the front of the posted picture). She is actually pretty well house-trained, as her and her sister seemed to naturally house-train themselves. (That's why we were ok with their 'expeditions'.) She has always been healthy, no problems at all. Her nails are easy to trim, she's very sweet. No biting or anything at all like that. The thing that makes her the happiest is lying either on your stomach while you're reading in bed or next to you under a blanket. If you pet her just the right way she'll gurgle and chirp very happily and will fall asleep next to you and will just be the happiest little pig. She really doesn't ask for much to be happy. She's very quiet, easy to clean, and cheap to feed and house. She would come with her cage, water bottle, vitamin C tablets, nail clippers, extra food, extra hay, and extra bedding. We are located in Namyangju just east of Seoul.

Please, if you could help us out in our tough spot it would mean the world to this little girl. I'm afraid I might have waited to long to post this, but I had been hanging on to the hope of finding an airline for what was probably too long.

http://imgur.com/ExxPz
autoseal89

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my friend used Dr Pets in Gangnam
magnolialove

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tama is an 8-month-old kitten we have been fostering since early June. We need to find a home or another foster for him before the end of the year.

Tama is one of the most playful kittens I've ever seen, and I've been around cats a lot. He is on the smaller side and is black and white, with a little black spot next to one of his eyes. He is extremely loving and will curl up on your lap to go to sleep. He will play with any toy you give him and likes hiding in boxes, etc. He will also sleep right next to you at night if you let him.

He was pretty sick when we took him in from the shelter in Daejeon back in June, but we got him all fixed up with some rounds of antibiotics. He is completely up-to-date on all of his shots and has no illnesses/infections. He loves life and will let you know it, too Smile

Since we got him from ARK there is a 50k won adoption fee, but I will waive this for the adopter and pay it myself because I am so desperate to get him a loving home or foster. He will come with his carrier and all of his toys, plus food and treats.

Tama is located in Gunsan, Jeollabuk-do, but don't let this rural location scare you off-- I am willing to travel to take him to his new home, anywhere in Korea.

Please reply here or PM me for pictures or if you have any questions.
jondepoer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:44 am    Post subject: 1 year old cat needs a loving home Reply with quote

Hi

I adopted my kitten in late February, and he is nearly 1 year old now. I'm leaving Korea in 3 weeks for two months, and my plan of having him live with a friend until I return is no longer possible. I am also unable to send him to Canada.

He (Cass) is loving and extremely playful, and loves to curl up next to me when I'm watching TV or sleeping. He is neutered and has all of his shots (I have his record book). He is also TOILET trained (on the human toilet)!.

I'm looking for someone to either take care of him for those two months, or sadly, someone who will adopt him. He just needs a loving home.

I'm located in Gwangju, but am willing to travel anywhere in Korea.

I apologize for the late notice, but I just found out about my friend being unable to take him.
Pretorian

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:51 pm    Post subject: Free Hedgehog Reply with quote

Hi everyone.

Is anyone interested in adopting a lovely little hedgehog? He is yours for FREE along with his cage, wheel, food, water bowl and hog-house. All you need to do is pick him up.

I am currently living in Gwangju but will be leaving the 16th February and need to find my hedgehog a new home before then.

Here are a few pictures:

https://picasaweb.google.com/103664076219334597313/Nori?authkey=Gv1sRgCOCP1o7t74qLJQ&feat=directlin

Please reply here or give me a call on:
(062) 674-5663 (Any time on weekends or after 5pm on weekdays) Smile
nikki15

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently adopted a rabbit in hopes of bonding her with a rabbit I already had. Unfortunately, they do not get along and I think she would be happier in a home by herself where she can get lots of love and attention. She is very sweet, and loves to be pet and held.

If interested, please pm me and I will provide more information Smile She would make a wonderful companion!
bigfourie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi to all

we recently took on two amazing little bunnies (netherland dwarf and a brown fluffy lionhead bunny)

unfortunately my wife has developed a allergy for rabbits
so iam very sad to say that we are looking for new parents for them.

we don't want to separate them as they have grown quite fond of each other and often cuddle like a loving couple.

if there is anyone interested in looking for bunnies please go no further as we are willing to give all the accessories that go with them to make your adoption easier.

including a 80 x 60 cm cage (space for them to play inside); litter tray they are used to using; two water feeders, and a supply of food; also a supply of animal fencing so you can make a play area for them

please only message me if you are genuinely looking to take care of them and not neglect them.

(i would prefer a stable couple)
discostar23

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:21 am    Post subject: two lovely cats for adoption Reply with quote

Hello folks

I have been out of Korea for a while but my cats stayed behind.

Unfortunately their current owner is leaving Korea soon (2 weeks) and they need a home.

two half siamese/half asian short hair (one tabby one black) They are lovely cats but they do take a little time to settle down (about a week-2 weeks) when they go to a new place. They are super loving and come cuddle and greet you everyday when you come home. We do not want to separate them if we can.

My friend is taking care of them and will deliver them to a new owner.

Email me : [email protected] or my friend [email protected]

thanks everyone!
grainger

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:20 pm    Post subject: Pet Shipping from Korea Reply with quote

Hi All,

I've recently (last Wednesday) and suddenly gotten a job in Brunei. Which is awesome but they want me to start rather soon (March 18 so I'm trying to get everything prepared.

I have two dogs that I need to ship to Brunei. Now, the problem is that Brunei doesn't let you fly with your pets; they need to be shipped as cargo. So, the question is does anyone know of any reliable pet shipping companies in Korea? I've heard there's a vet in itaewon that will arrange things for you but I can't find a contact number. Ideally, I'd like a company who can pick them up in Wonju from my friend's house, take them to the airport, put them on the plane, and send them on their not-so-merry way with all the necessary paper work (which I am in the process of preparing). However, I will take them to Seoul if necessary.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.
sojusucks

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of the dogs at the Asan animal shelter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ao4D_ITAb4&feature=feedu

http://www.youtube.com/user/FallSonya#p/a/u/1/bcrTs_Cb81g

http://www.youtube.com/user/FallSonya#p/a/u/2/gfARcBBx4jE

http://www.youtube.com/user/FallSonya#p/u/3/a1m1dMnFOAo

In Cheonju City Dog pound
http://www.youtube.com/user/FallSonya#p/u/4/yxbYi2Ym5gw

http://www.youtube.com/user/FallSonya#p/u/5/aD-W6TID8Lc
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Buy/Sell/Trade Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13

Jump to: