Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Some info on Teach2Korea.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saxiif

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 6:08 am    Post subject: Some info on Teach2Korea.com Reply with quote

My impression is that the person on the Korean end of things pretty much knows what he's doning since he never screwed anything up as far as I can tell and he intervened at one point (before saying that his english wasn't good enough to talk to me any more) to offer me a job with all the stuff I was asking for and good pay.

But it seems that Sophie on the Canuck end isn't in good communication with Korea or is just plain incompetant. Any time I wanted any information I had to ask for it repeatedly (ended up having to call up from a payphone in Boston when I was about to get my visa because I needed info for my visa that I asked for days earlier and would never have known about if I hadn't researched it myself). Never got lied to as far as I can tell but got told a job would be starting ASAP back in June and when got told that I wouldn't be needed until September (when I REALLY didn't want to spend a lot of time hanging around home doing pretty much nil) and my director said that he told them to tell me that I'd be in a hotel for a while before getting an apartment (and at this point I'm somewhat more inclined to trust my director than the recruiter, although this isn't a sure thing), and then there were last minute airplane booking and scheduling changes. In all a big pain in the neck.

But then except for the evil evil 10:30 ajumma class the school I've ended up at is really good, there's not a single kid who's tried to stick his finger's in one of my orifices for god's sake, so I'm not in that much of a position to complain.

So if you have an idea how the visa etc. process works and are prepared to badger Sophie you could get a good job without being mislead too badly about what to expect, but there's probably a good number of better recruiters out there.
chronicpride

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I think you had a good recruiter experience compared to the norm.
Saxiif

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chronicpride wrote:
Actually, I think you had a good recruiter experience compared to the norm.

sweet lord jesus on a pogo stick... Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: