Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The OFFICIAL Motorcycle/Scooter thread!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 163, 164, 165 ... 179, 180, 181  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonpurdy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any news on full coverage motorcycle insurance? When I was there it simply wasn't available. Has anyone been able to get their bike replacement value covered in case of theft or accident?
KNet229

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

v88 wrote:
The new Honda NC700S / NC700X / Integra

Kind of a cool idea. a frame that works for a city motorcycle, a tourer and a scooter.

Kind of changes the game for utility bikes. Gas is stored under the seat and your helmet and gloves can be stored where the fuel tank is on other bikes.

It also puts out a paltry 50HP. About the same as the Honda CB400SF. However, it has loads of torque down low, power is accessible low in the rev range, power bands are long and fuel economy is fantastic. The Honda Shadow 750 also puts out about 50 HP, so it seems that the bike has a low profile parallel twin with much the same power characteristics as a cruiser. Basically, maximum power is available when you are riding within the speed limit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQKI4mB2QGY&feature=related

http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news--general-news/the-secret-of-the-honda-nc700/19470.html

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/First-rides-tests/2011/December/dec0111-first-ride-honda-nc700x/
wow those bikes look awesome. probably come with a hefty price tag in addition to an import fee to korea T_T we can dream though
RUBRUBBURNER

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you guys all still rippin' around? i haven't been out in a couple of weeks! :O
kam1nsk1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone looking for a bike or know anyone who is, please see my ad for comet 250 on the buy and sell thread. Really decent bike at realistic price.

Cheers Very Happy
darkjedidave

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RUBRUBBURNER wrote:
you guys all still rippin' around? i haven't been out in a couple of weeks! :O
Haven't been brave enough yet, except on a friend's 125 scooter. Every time the ice and snow clears up it starts again Mad And I took a bad fall on my 900 last winter; going down a hill and hit ice in the shade, bike fishtailed sideways and slammed down on my leg once it caught dry payement. My hi was bruised and in pain for weeks. Needless to say, ice freaks me out.
Hugo85

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On passo sometimes the price is not shown, do I need to contact the seller for the price? When I order the bikes by price these bikes show up between others with prices written, can I assume this price is in between those two?

I can read some Korean, but not enough to understand this website. Laughing
jonpurdy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hugo85 wrote:
On passo sometimes the price is not shown, do I need to contact the seller for the price? When I order the bikes by price these bikes show up between others with prices written, can I assume this price is in between those two?

I can read some Korean, but not enough to understand this website. Laughing

If it shows the green icon that says "판매완료" where the price should be, that means it has been sold.

On the top of the column where the prices are, next to 판매상태 click the "O" and it won't show them.
joesp

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today is rather warm.

In other news, why do the arrows on the road for the turn lane always senselessly and confusingly change when you approach the light?
_kojak

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im looking to buy a center stand for my CB400 Super Four. Does anyone have one they want to sell?
_kojak

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, Im wondering how I know which roads I can ride on. Id like to to highway 61 thatsgoes from Seoul to Uinjeongbu, but dont know if im allowed. how do i find out?
jonpurdy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

_kojak wrote:
Also, Im wondering how I know which roads I can ride on. Id like to to highway 61 thatsgoes from Seoul to Uinjeongbu, but dont know if im allowed. how do i find out?

Are there toll booths? If not, go for it.
Landros

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you are not permitted there will be signs wit ha black motorcycle and rider with a big red line through it. just drive over and take a look before you plan the big ride.
lion

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody wanting to have a good look at the parking lot test and what it entails should keep an eye out for a Korean TV show called "남지의자격". There's a recent (December 13 & 20 2011) episode where the 7 stars of the show (aging comedian, aging rocker, young comedian, etc. who go through all the things that they deem are important to males) repeatedly take the motorcycle test, until all but two of them pass.

The camera angles are far better than you could hope for from a youtube clip.

You can watch it online here:
http://www.kbs.co.kr/2tv/enter/happysunday/vod/review/index,1,list,2.html
but you'll need to join.

Or you can dig around in your set-top box (we found it on MegaTV).

WELL worth watching if you can find it and are curious about the test.
darkjedidave

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Landros wrote:
if you are not permitted there will be signs wit ha black motorcycle and rider with a big red line through it. just drive over and take a look before you plan the big ride.

I really hope they reverse these rules soon. At least allow 400cc or larger bikes on all roads in Korea. Each time I ride to the airport, I think about gunning my bike on the empty, straight lanes. Then again, that's rpobably way they ban it Laughing
lion

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darkjedidave wrote:
I think about gunning my bike on the empty, straight lanes. Then again, that's rpobably way they ban it Laughing

I doubt it. My guess is it's the slow-moving delivery guys with 12-foot-high loads of toilet paper or golden piggy banks that they're trying to keep off the highways.

If they were to revise the rule, they could set the cc limit to 250 or even 125, or simply forget about cc's and ban "vehicles incapable of 80km/h" like they do back home.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 163, 164, 165 ... 179, 180, 181  Next
Page 164 of 181

Jump to: