Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dating in Korea
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IncognitoHFX

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PRagic wrote:
A second lieutenant. They're called 'butter bars' because the rank insignia is a single, gold bar which looks very much like a stick of butter.

Second Lieutenant? At 22? That's fast. In Canada, maybe 25 if you're lucky. Thats way too young to be an officer / in charge of people in my opinion.
PRagic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happens. College grads. 22 might be the low estimate.
dogshed

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Years ago I was talking to a Fort Riley officer. I'm not sure what his rank was but he said he had two kinds of guys under him.

One group got the apartment off post, bought cars, furniture etc. and ended up with no money. The other group lived and ate on post and saved their money for college while taking classes.

Tell your Korean friends to figure out which they have.

Maybe I can get me a female GI?
kiwiliz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course if your a female (which I know your not) and older, its a whole different story. Shocked
PRagic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but most of the older Korean women still aren't all too interested in G.I.s.

I agree with the two types of guys mentioned, though. In Korea, there are the ones that pretty much stick to the base and then the ones that go out in Itaewon. A small group do get out and about the rest of the country, but, then again, it's usually with a group excusion, which doesn't provide the opportunity to meet 'real' Korean girls ('real' when I was in refered to girls that didn't work in hostess bars).

Funnies thing happened when I was in. We had a party and one of the guys brought his new wife with him from Korea. Three other guys had had her in the ville. Nice enough girl, but not a 'real' one. Embarrassing situation for all involved.
venus

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things K girls generaly like.

1. Be tall. I've literally asked girls what kind of guys they like and they answer only 'Tall.' I try to get them to expand and they say 'no, just tall.'

2. Be a clown. One the whole conversation and dates with K girls is dull as hell and like being with a cardboard cut out that drains you of energy. You'll ask them questions and they'll love answering about themselves but wont bother to ask about you. It's a one way street. Be entertaining and say stupid stuff like 'What did you study at uni? I bet you got a BA in 'being the most beautiful girl in the world.'

3. Be black. Black guys are the latest fashion trend. sounds un pc but it's true, so why not say it.

4. Be rough. They seem to like guys who push them around and treat them badly. Don't know why, but it works. Don't try to engage them in any serious or heavy or intellectual converation and always try to be funny in a slapstick manner. Also, never take them to serious movies, just cheesy stuff. They will say they like romantic, sensitive guys, but they DO NOT! Friends of mine who are, never get anywhere with k-girls most of the time.

5. Tell them what to think. One asked me 'how was the movie?' after we went to the cinema. I gave my opinion and asked her hers. She just replied 'I don't know, that's why I asked you.'

Yes, I'm fed up with them and will never date them again. I once had ONE decent K girlfriend and she was one in a million. Literally.

Most of the hundreds of them I've dated are bland, wooden, boring, ignorant and miserable.

Just my opinion etc....
Mix1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

venus wrote:
Things K girls generaly like.

1. Be tall. I've literally asked girls what kind of guys they like and they answer only 'Tall.' I try to get them to expand and they say 'no, just tall.'

Seconded...I've heard a lot of.."I don't care about looks, but he must be tall..." umm... can you imagine a guy saying something like this? ex. "I don't care about looks, but she must have a large rack."

2. Be a clown. One the whole conversation and dates with K girls is dull as hell and like being with a cardboard cut out that drains you of energy. You'll ask them questions and they'll love answering about themselves but wont bother to ask about you. It's a one way street. Be entertaining and say stupid stuff like 'What did you study at uni? I bet you got a BA in 'being the most beautiful girl in the world.'

Be not only a clown, but an idiot. Keep your conversation centered around fashion, movies, food, and of course...HER!

3. Be black. Black guys are the latest fashion trend. sounds un pc but it's true, so why not say it.

That's only true this month. Next month it will be a different fashion trend fed to them through the magazines, etc. They will then suddenly formulate their "opinions" based on that.

4. Be rough. They seem to like guys who push them around and treat them badly. Don't know why, but it works. Don't try to engage them in any serious or heavy or intellectual converation and always try to be funny in a slapstick manner. Also, never take them to serious movies, just cheesy stuff. They will say they like romantic, sensitive guys, but they DO NOT! Friends of mine who are, never get anywhere with k-girls most of the time.

5. Tell them what to think. One asked me 'how was the movie?' after we went to the cinema. I gave my opinion and asked her hers. She just replied 'I don't know, that's why I asked you.'

Yes, I'm fed up with them and will never date them again. I once had ONE decent K girlfriend and she was one in a million. Literally.

Seconded.

Most of the hundreds of them I've dated are bland, wooden, boring, ignorant and miserable.

Seconded. But you forgot one trait...attractive. And therein lies the crux of the problem! If many of them weren't attractive, most of us wouldn't bother. But then there is always the "maybe this K-girl is actually DIFFERENT..." trap. Nope, just different packaging. oops, I did it again!

Just my opinion etc....

No, not just your opinion...and you stated some "proven" facts as well. Wink
bassexpander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the exception of those Itaewon girls that float around between Kings Club and Goldfish Bar, I have yet to meet many Korean women who are interested in black men. Black guys have much better luck in Japan (great luck, actually). But in Korea, the average woman here is about as interested in dating a black guy as a hagwon is in hiring one.
nautilus

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperFly wrote:
Korean girls will practically fall over themselves just to talk to you. They're all dying to go to America and escape the hell hole they live in, so you're in luck because 99% of koreans LOVE America. Koreans will invite you to their homes, and try to marry their daughters off to you

Exactly. Its normal to have "upwards of 6" sex partners here on the go. Its amazing that so many guys even have time to post on dave's. Book your ticket now, Korea is a paradise for the average western playboy.
ceesgetdegrees

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nautilus wrote:

Exactly. Its normal to have "upwards of 6" sex partners here on the go. Its amazing that so many guys even have time to post on dave's. Book your ticket now, Korea is a paradise for the average western playboy.

Why are you so bitter? That is the truth, some of the guys who i regard as being friends in this country have k girls flying at them left right and centre. There is no magical trick to it, just don't be a weirdo, psycho, fat, have at least a bit of personality, make them laugh a bit and bob's your uncle. Whats wrong with you man?, where are you going so terribly wrong?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ceesgetdegrees wrote:
nautilus wrote:

Why are you so bitter? That is the truth, some of the guys who i regard as being friends in this country have k girls flying at them left right and centre. There is no magical trick to it, just don't be a weirdo, psycho, fat, have at least a bit of personality, make them laugh a bit and bob's your uncle. Whats wrong with you man?, where are you going so terribly wrong?

Wholeheartedly agree.

Not saying Korean girls are sluts or anything, but there is a good portion who are interested in, at least trying, something different.

The only guys I've seen have problems here have tended to have B.O problems or other cleanliness issues.
bassexpander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is that, after a while, you tend to get picky about who you'll date. Then very few look "good" anymore.

Actually, maybe that's a good thing. Laughing
dogshed

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bassexpander wrote:
The problem is that, after a while, you tend to get picky about who you'll date. Then very few look "good" anymore.

Actually, maybe that's a good thing. Laughing

You could say that about women from any country, and I'm sure the gay men and straight women might say the same about men. For most normal people we change our criteria as we get older.
bassexpander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Age 20: She must look hot.

Age 25: She must look hot, and give great ____.

Age 30: She must look hot, give great ____, and be gainfully employed.

Age 35: She must be younger than me, look hot, give great ____, be gainfully employed, and love me even though I've lost much of my hair and now have a pot-belly.
KimchiExplosion

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bassexpander wrote:
But in Korea, the average woman here is about as interested in dating a black guy as a hagwon is in hiring one.

quote of the day
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: