Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Do you know some Chinese traditional food?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Food
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amy Qi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:40 pm    Post subject: Do you know some Chinese traditional food? Reply with quote

In China, there are different traditional food about traditional festival. And most of them are very delicious. How many kinds of traditional food do you know? And which one do you like best?
ele liu

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the Dragon Boat Festival is coming,it is one of my favorite festival for in this festival i can eat zongzi~~
Melinda Wu

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Ya, I tatolly agree with Ele Liu, I like Chinese traditional food so much and especially the zongzi, which is the typical food for our Dragon Boat Festival. Last Sunday, I did enjoyed this festival very much not only for I have eaten a lot of delicious zongzi, but it reminded me our traditional culture which should be cherished by every one.
Tina8717

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:28 pm    Post subject: MY favourite chinese traditional food Reply with quote

Hi, everybody, I also like the glumotious rice dumplings very much. I ate a lot at Dragon Boat Festival. And I also can make zongzi. Besides, I like traditional Beijing food. The Beijing roast duck is my favourite food. When you come to Beijing for the first time, I suggest you to try it.
Amy Qi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing your feelings with me. I have eaten Beijing duck before, I think it's delicious too. Smile Do you mind giving me more examples on Chinese traditional food? I'm looking forward to your answer Laughing
Melinda Wu

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amy Qi wrote:
Thanks for sharing your feelings with me. I have eaten Beijing duck before, I think it's delicious too. Smile Do you mind giving me more examples on Chinese traditional food? I'm looking forward to your answer Laughing

Well, It's my pleasure,
there are so many delicious traditional food in China, you can also try Chinese noodles, Dumplings and mooncake. I'm sure you will love them as long as you eat them for only once.
Have a try!
Jenniferdu521

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, The Spring Festival, Dumpling is the one food we must to eat.
Second, Dragon Boat Festival, We'd like to eat Zongzi.
For me, I like Zongzi better.
Dragon Boat Festival is coming! so cool!
virnaluo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, surely my favorite is Sichuan Cuisine, especially the hotpot! It' s simply more than delicious! Even if I am now far away from Sichuan, I miss the food there so much. But if conditions permit, you'd have hotpot in Sichuan! Nowhere else can you find such tasty and spicy delicacy! Also there are sliced Sichuan bean jelly, Mapo Tofu (Stir-Fried Tofu in Hot Sauce), bon bon (steamed shredded) chicken in Chilli Sauce, etc. You can take a look at this website for more information on Sichuan Cuisine:
http://www.rehoboth-edu.com/Creative/en/food01.html
Sunny Chu

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:46 pm    Post subject: One of my favorite Chinese traditional foods Reply with quote

Nian gao, or Chinese New Year's cake, is one of my favorite Chinese traditional foods. Nian gao is a kind of traditional food eaten by Asian people during the New Year. It is considered good luck to eat it during this time because "nian gao" is a homonym for "higher year" in Chinese. The Chinese word 年(ni�n) means "year", and the word 糕 (gāo) means "cake", which sounds like高, meaning "high". So, eating Nian gao symbolizes that things will become higher and higher in each coming year, like our incomes, positions, and even our children.
Nian gao is made by glutinous rice that is pounded into a paste, than it may be fried or steamed just depending on the variety of regions in China. After spreading from China, there are more different ways to cook Nian gao because of the different customs in each country. Now, I want to introduce you the one I like most, jiān ni�n gāo(pan-fried ni�n gāo.) Jiān ni�n gāo is sweet and usually with a dark yellow color. This kind of ni�n gāo can be added with peanuts, taros or even pork, then it will be pan-fried with stirred egg or potato flour wrapped on it. Afterward, it will be sticky and delicious! However, the calorific capacity of pan-fried ni�n gāo is really high! So it is best to eat as the breakfast, and you can also eat it with a glass of soybean milk without sugar. Smile
James20

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:34 am    Post subject: mmmm Chinese Cake Reply with quote

The new years cake sounds absolutely delicious and the recipe for the rice paste. I am a huge fan of chinese food. My flatmate's family were originally from Hong Kong and I remember having parties at her house with all this delicious food and home-made Chinese cake. It was so delicious! It is true what they say about Asian food - you don't taste the real food until you try it at home. Whenever I hear someone say anything about Chinese food not being healthy they almost always are referring to the food in Chinese takeaways, which is not what real authentic Chinese food is. That's like saying all french food is snails or all Russian's drink is vodka. Maybe Chinese food can be incorporated into our diets as part of a healthy eating plan?? I'm sure they are out there somewhere!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Food All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: