Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What kind of books do you love?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Avril Lee

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:15 am    Post subject: What kind of books do you love? Reply with quote

What kind of books do you love? Very Happy
peterteacher

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ones where I really begin to care about what happens to the characters.
cuijun_hu

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:24 pm    Post subject: My type of books Reply with quote

I don't like any book that is difficult to read or talks about nothing related to the real world. If the writing is bad and hard to follow, it's not my book. If it's all about osbtruse things and has little I can relate to, it's not my book either. A good book can be read out with an enjoyable rhythm, and can make me think what I did not use to know.
If only a book can talk and play a video when it needs to, that would be my favorite book. Beautiful written language, but not too much. That is my type of book.
Azure

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like classical literature (american, english and french) and fantasy literature (Zelazny, Bradbury, Pratchett, "The Dark Tower" by Stephen King)
CP

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Stephen King, P.G. Wodehouse, Kurt Vonnegut, George Carlin, Ian Fleming, Dante Alleghieri, Mark Twain, and many others.
Flina

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like book about history,exploration or suspense.
Corey

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Science fiction

Corey
zetian Miki

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like autobiography; for exaxmple, wild swan. In the novel, the struggle of chinese girl in the cultural revolution in China. It is written very vivid and unimaginal experience of the girl.

I also like MalcomX.
Anuradha Chepur

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like to buy books on management, Six Sigma and such. Not that I read all of them, but its comforting to know they are there in case I need them.
sairaawais

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:44 pm    Post subject: why should we read books Reply with quote

Hi friends.....ncie thread about books ...i saw this article about reason why we should read books and it seems interesting

http://www.speakforthat.com/articles/read-why-read-great-books_53.html
rachard1583

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:55 am    Post subject: I love to read History, travel and people. Reply with quote

Well, one of fav topic. I love to read books. Fav author is John Girsham. I love to read about history, travel, people (auto) and Suspense and my local language books.
Reema

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. Cool

well, I like to read about self devolopmant books, because its helpful to improve my self and to be a successful person Smile
ClarissaMach

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Stephen King: Tommyknockers (scared me to death), It (disappointed me a little. I'd easily cut a few parts out...), Night Shift (tales - the boogeyman was the best for me), Gerald's game (so so).

I owe a lot of new words in my English vocabulary to Stephen King. There is a lot of ordinary words for native speakers that usually are not taught in English courses ("crotch", for example).
Stephanie S

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like classic books. Right now I am reading Villette by Charlotte Bront�. It's about a girl who moves to Europe to work at a school teaching English. I think one reason I like it so much is because it's very similar to my life. Wink

Stephanie
(http://www.elanguest.com/)
Corey

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Science fiction, especially Heinlein. His book "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress" was the first that I read and is still a favorite.

I also enjoy non-fiction of various types.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: