Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If your best friend became rich, what would you do?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Family
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vini madruga

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: If your best friend became rich, what would you do? Reply with quote

Well, I'd do nothing. If my best friend became poor, I'd be the same. Money isn't important in a friendship. That's it Smile
Dixie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly the same. I wouldn't have a reason to change. Would they, though? Rolling Eyes
misuvija

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: money Reply with quote

If my better friend suddenly has much money, he would advise it so that he does not squander it in false friends. I would continue treating he the same form and I hope that he or she do not change due to the money.
carunchinho

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy He/she is my best friend. If he/she is rich or not doesn't matter. Wink

Last edited by carunchinho on Sat May 26, 2007 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total
weiyao

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

treat him the same way I did.
simrnz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if my best friends goes rich, I'd go to him every day for a treat and ask him to buy me some good designer cloths and shoes .. lolz
alper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in some films, a poor individual wins a lot of money or win a lottery and later surprisingly s/he realizes that there are lots of relatives and friends of him/her... "hey, I'm your old old old old uncle, do you remember"
"Hey dude, I'm your old friend"
"Man, what a nice something that! I'm sure you won't forget things I've done for you"

and in fact, there are lots of people act in this way... sure that everyone here says "I'd exactly treat as I did" and I'd say the same thing... yes, a real friendship is being with him/her at every time, even worst or best
Peaches21

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would remain the same but if he/she changes I would step back myself.
Afra

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone who says that money isn't important obviously has not been without it for very long.

The year 1985 was the longest and hardest of my life. Kim and I were homeless. We were unemployed, had little-to-nothing left in our savings, our credit cards were maxed out, and we were living in an old, brown Toyota. After three weeks of that, a friend found out about our financial situation and invited us to stay in a basement room. We stayed there for over nine months.

During those times, Kim and I often fought and argued. Fear, hunger, and uncertainty has a way of shortening our emotional fuse, and we usually end up fighting with the one we love the most. Yet, love held us together through those hard times.
Read more >> What Does it Take to Get Rich?
Afra

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Becoming rich is not important to me. Becoming a good human being is everything to me.
HyunGeon1534

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:07 am    Post subject: Hmm.. Reply with quote

Well, I'd do nothing. If my best friend became poor, I'd be the same. In my cas, money isn't important in a friendship. Friendship is more valuable than money
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Family All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: