Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DO YOU BELIVE LOVE?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Family
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ealin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i rememger an author once said :"there's no everlasting love between couples in the world unless it transforms into love in blood,the one like your parents to you." i think it's true,the most unselfish love is the love from your parents not your lover.
stellara

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi!

yes, but there are also parents who don't love their children in the way they'd deserve it. these parents expect things like obedience or good marks so they could be proud of the children.
i agree that the love between parent and child is mostly really pure and true but there are unfortunately exceptions.. to the damage of te children mostly.

i agree also partly that there may be no everlasting love but i think also that *there is* love. and i think too, that you can't compare one 'love' to another becaue each love is different - because people are different.

greets Very Happy

MOKEY ROCKS!!!
ealin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,stellara
yes.i agree with your opinion,however,what i mean is no matter how stong the love is at the beginning ,it will tend to calm in the end,for example,can you say "i love you' to you lover all the time?maybe the inital feeling that"i love you"will be tramsformed into a kind of faith or belief such as "i need you,i cannot lose you".it's a kind of continuious but calm feeling.i think
thanks Smile
stellara

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can't define the 'real love'! i don't think you can define or even explain it at all. love is what love is - you'll feel it. you can't define or explain the different coulours to a blind either. it's like that!

and , maybe yes, i'm dreaming. but i think i'm also quite realistic - but i didn't make too bad experiences with love so i still believe that it exists and that i'll know it one time.

and you have have problems in believing this because you've made some bad experiences.

to your definitions. the first is more the feeling of having a crush on somebody. i think in the first time you are sometimes blind for the faults and failings of this person. but later this feeling fades a bit - sometimes also the whole feelings fades.
and then you begin to see the failings of the partner - and now realise that your love isn't such a perfect dream man/woman you've thought. here it depends on your attitude. if you say, you love her/him so much it's not so important that he/she has failings and that there are some problems in the relationship. then it's kind of real love. if not - then it's probably not.

i don't know. these are only my thoughtsand there don'T have to fit to anybody. of course!

greets Very Happy

MOKEY ROCKS!!!
stellara

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, you're absolutely right! Very Happy
greets

MOKEY ROCKS!!!
ealin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.Admiral wrote:
Am I cynical, or are you dreaming?
Two people come together because they have seen ONE point of each other.
Then they say that they love each other, and they will be stupid being together.

After a time, this feeling goes away, because one of them sees OTHER points of each other.

And then, some people might give up and go to search for other love. And this stupid thing will start again, and other points will come to appearance, again.

Some people think that nobody can be perfect and these some people think they have already gotten their best one or they think that if they wait, they will loose their chance and they marry the other.

So, everything is just up to the age of the two people, and it's up to coincidence.

So, we are repeating the same things again and again.

So, now, I want to ask you something.

How do you define "real love"?

Is it the stupid feeling at the beginning? This will never come true. Never. Everybody has other thinkings, like you said, and everybody will get used to the "Normal" situation and they will want more to compensate the feeling of this "real love" at the beginning.

Is it the thinking at the end? If you define "real love" by "able to receive a marriage", "able to love somebody although they are not their dream partner", then this is the real love. And it will be felt by everyone, because it's only about definition range. And it is variable to be moved down. It's up to the definition.

These are the types of "real love". Either they will only stay in dream, or the definition range will be set down, or one will be longing for another "real" one.

i just want to say ~~~if you love a person,love his/her all,inculding his/her shortage,for there's no perfect in the world.
hi,can i join you? Very Happy
hinkiu88

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer friendship to love

Very Happy Very Happy
Blossom

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:46 am    Post subject: Re: DO YOU BELIVE LOVE? Reply with quote

Quote:
DO YOU BELIVE IN LOVE?

Yes, I believe in love.

Yesterday my BF took me to bed. He gave me love.
Winnie the pooh

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stellara wrote:

in my opinion jealousy is a part pf love (how can you love somebody, and not be jealous??) but it's important how you react when you feel jealous.
some people don't want to be loved, but only want to have somebody who admires them and who's totally theirs. but that's not love.

I like Sarah's opinion about this. And I think she is a girl who enjoy the life very much.

Life/Love is also a mirror. you love, and love will come back to you. It is very tired of thinking much about there is or not. Just try and make yourself feel happy. All of these depend on your attitude.

A song in China said: "love is happy though there are pains"

where there is hope, there is joy. Hope tomorrow will be better than yesterday.
Keep smiling especially when times are tesing!
EnyaLynn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do believe love Exclamation Wink Idea
stellara

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi Very Happy

yes, but to sleep with somebody is not coercibly the same as to make love to somebody. the act is the same maybe, but with the first it's mostly only the act and the second implicits love or at least being attracted to somebody psychically as much as physically. how you're expressing it depends on which you mean.

Mr.Admiral wrote:
then, what do you think about, let's say, 妓院, then?

what do you mean?

Winnie the pooh wrote:
Life/Love is also a mirror. you love, and love will come back to you. It is very tired of thinking much about there is or not. Just try and make yourself feel happy. All of these depend on your attitude.

yes, i think so too! in my opinion everything depends on how you handle the situation you're confronted with. and love shows up in so many different kinds, maybe in every positive feeling there's a bit of love. or at least the feeling is caused by love.

greets Smile

MOKEY ROCKS!!!
stellara

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay, i see Very Happy

and i agree with you that we shouldn't mix up the different kinds of love, but sometimes it's difficult to understand which one it is..

greets Wink

MOKEY ROCKS!!!
panda2133

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why not.Ithink every one should belive it,when I frist read the title I thought you must lost your BF or GF,but don't be upset,you will find your real love
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Family All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: