Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Do you like the TV series the Desperate Housewife?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Film and Cinema
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tina8717

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:03 pm    Post subject: Do you like the TV series the Desperate Housewife? Reply with quote

I have watched the four seasons of the Desperate Housewife. I think it's amazing. Do you like it ? what's your favourite American TV series?
ele liu

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:16 pm    Post subject: Do you like the TV series the Desperate Housewife? Reply with quote

I also wathched all the four seasons of the Desperate Housewife. I like the actress Eve. She is beautiful and fashionable. so what's your favourite character in this TV series?
Amy Qi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:26 pm    Post subject: I like Desperate Housewife Reply with quote

I also like watching the TV series the Desperate Housewife. The plot is very attractive, different characters have their own personnalities, which represent the types of housewives in our daily life. What's more, I really like the understatement of the lines. After watched the series, I awlays think about my own life. I want to discuss with you about more details. Laughing
Tina8717

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Do you like the TV series the Desperate Housewife? Reply with quote

Ok, Amy Qi. My favourite character is Lynette. I think she is the representative of the modern woman in our society. she is not only good at her job, but also do a lot to her husband. The relationship between she and her husband is really moved me a lot. Especially when Lynette is in her cure period. They overcome all the difficulties altogether. so what's your favourite character?
Melinda Wu

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I have watched a little of that. I thinkd it's ok!
My favorite American TV play is the popular "Friends", they are so many touching stories among the six friends. By watching it, you will not only laugh aloud for their funny words, but you will be moved by their sincere friendship. There are white lies, misunderstanding or even argument among them, but they all have settled them down with the power of their friendship.
besides, you will also learn lots of things about the American life and culture, I love it so much.
Have you watched it before? Do you like it?
Tina8717

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Melinda Wu wrote:
Well, I have watched a little of that. I thinkd it's ok!
My favorite American TV play is the popular "Friends", they are so many touching stories among the six friends. By watching it, you will not only laugh aloud for their funny words, but you will be moved by their sincere friendship. There are white lies, misunderstanding or even argument among them, but they all have settled them down with the power of their friendship.
besides, you will also learn lots of things about the American life and culture, I love it so much.
Have you watched it before? Do you like it?

I also watch the TV series "Friends". It's very interesting. I really appreciate the friendship between the six friends.
patataluna

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:30 pm    Post subject: I like DH too Reply with quote

I watched four seasons of DH. At first I always got nervous to see what happened next. Then I got familiar with these characters in DH. When I was watching it I also thought what they would do. And I understood that they were the representatives of the middle-class in U.S. Facing huge pressure and in that background, they did things correct and it was not any stranger for me.
I also watched Ugly Betty and CSI recently. They are both attractive.
champignon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looove these series, one of my favourite! I have watched it three times already, and every time I discover something new about it as it is full of psychological tips, I think.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Film and Cinema All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: