Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

haveing a own family so early!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Family
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peppy

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 10:31 pm    Post subject: haveing a own family so early!!!! Reply with quote

After two weeks later, I am going home for attending my friend�s wedding. My friend, Elma, who is one of my best friends in senior high school, is going to get married with her boyfriend when I am still studying in college. At the first she told me the news, I was totally shocked. I was thinking that how could it be possible, a relationship for only one and half a year could prove that they can live happily forever? My friend and her boyfriend met when she was in the third grade of senior high, at that time, she was qualified by a college, so she has a part-time job. She worked as a clerk, and her boyfriend was her boss� brother. That is how they met. The main reason force them to get married so fast is that her boyfriend�s grandfather is almost one hundred years old, he wants to see his grandson gets married. Her boyfriend is almost ten years older than her, I couldn�t help but admitting that he is really a good man. However, I still worry about my friend, I am afraid that she would regret that she gets married so early, she is in the second grade in college after all. When she get married, although she could still finish her studies, she needs to spend most of her time on her family, only few times could spend on friends or her interest. Anyway, that was my friend�s decision, what I can do is just stand by her and support her.
Suzanne

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are very wise to support your friend, now, and in the future. You would want her to do the same thing for you.

It's hard to understand decisions that people make, espeically people we really care about. But usually we can't change their decisions, anyway. It sounds like you will miss having your friend to do things with, and that you're worried she won't finish her education. Getting married does change how she will spend her time, but hopefully you will still be able to enjoy some good times together.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Family All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: