Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

if you win the lottery........
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adrianalule

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 8:40 am    Post subject: if you win the lottery........ Reply with quote

WHAT WILL YOU DO IF YOU WIN A LOTTERY OF 1 MILLION DOLLARS?

I will be RICH!!!!!!!! Laughing
19thThinker

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would save part on the money, but I would go travelling if I had that much money. Oh.. and buy a new car for my mom Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
tiancaiqz

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 2:40 am    Post subject: The view of mine Reply with quote

Hi everybody
I am a university student. so if i have got a lot of money, first i wanna to buy a bens car and i wanna to travel around the world and last i will go to che seaside shined in the sun.
Birthe

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I would first give some money to organisations that will use it for campains against rascism, pollution of the environement and to fight for the human rights .
Another part of the money would be given to the Zapatistas and the independent institution in my town.
With the rest of the money I would buy a littel plot (property?) were I want to have a garden to grow vegetables ...
I think I don't need all the money for myself because there are people, who really need it for survive.
angelwing

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing. I'd sit there and do nothing.

LOL, sorry had to quote Office Space, great movie. But in reality, a million dollars... hmm... well it's a lot for low and middle class people, but you still can't live too richly off of it. I'd probably get a new house, maybe pay for my college education, then make a lot more off of the job I get from that. Very Happy

Norm
And I listen to the music
Beautiful music
Yes I listen to the music
Beautiful music"
Lute

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be out of debt for my family and then donate remaining sum for the people who really need it!
Helen Li

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I have one million , I can save a part of money. Another part of the money I can donate poor people .
anantha krishna

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all I will go to encash my lottery ticket. !!!!!!!!! Very Happy Smile
kemalturko

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:48 am    Post subject: If i won the lottery Reply with quote

If I won the lottery,I would buy a new expensive Ferrari,big house in Beverly Hills and I would prepare a big party in my house.I would start a foundation for helping poor people all around the world.And I would buy everything that I want.Then I would create my own job in my own company.
Vendy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I won the lottery tomorow, I would buy a big house in a safe, nice area.

I would put a part of my fortune into education. If I had enough money, I would study at Stanford or Yale. I could finish studing at a famous university and get such a very good job, which would bring me much more money then I already had. Of course I would keep it secret that I won.

The rest of my fortune, I would share with my husband. He could decide himself if he wanted to quit his job or not. And we would travel all over the world.
Mar�a Ang�lica Rubiano

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:52 am    Post subject: If I win the lottery Reply with quote

If I won the lottery, the first thing I would do is help muy mom and dad with all the costs of home. Another thing is that I would help people, maybe by making donations. Also, I would travel to many exotic places and would by many things. But the most important thing is that I would help all the people in the world who need it.
pyoo83

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:58 am    Post subject: If I won lottery... Reply with quote

One survey said someone who won a usually is not happy because they

are always anxious about their money, argue whit family and so on. So

actually, I don't want to win a lottery.

But, if I won a lottery first I won't tell anyone, even my family.

I won't change anything. I would keep my studying, keep living, and keep

driving my old car.

I would make an organization for children. We used to say "children are

our dream",but many children undergo all on many sorts of hardship. I

want them to get a better life than now. If I would help them, I will do it

with pleasure.

I want to make money by myself. money is a very important material in

life, but we have more important things, for example harmony family,

real friends and peace. I'll choose these things.
Leeyejin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:03 am    Post subject: If I won the lottery Reply with quote

If I won the lottery, first of all, I would buy some houses. The houses can be more money. And I could buy anything I want. Very Happy But I should hide the fact I won the lottery because many people might envy me and attack me. I know there are many poor people in the world. I want to help them and I want to travel around the world. My parents can also travel around the world and they can do eyerything they want. Then if I had still enough money, I would save the money.
song myeonghwa

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:05 am    Post subject: if i won the lottery.... Reply with quote

If i won the lottery, i would buy an island for my family. My parents always have supported me so, i'd like to stay with my parents on a peaceful island. And then, if i had enough money, i would donate it to children who have died from famine in Africa and support children who can't study. In addition, some countries in Africa have been at war. So, many boy soliders are at war. Actually, they don't want to be a soldier, but the government forces them to be a soldiers. The government drugs them and the boy soliders cruelly kill people. Many boy soliders regret that, but they can't escape from government. For that reason, i would like to support those boys.
parkhyejin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:11 am    Post subject: If I won the lottery Reply with quote

If I won the lottery, I'll excited and nervous.
First of all, I'll plan on how to spend the money better. So, now, I'm going to write that down. First, I'll divide it into ten. One tenth would be donated to church. Second, I'll give two tenths to my mom and father each of them. Third, I'll save two tenths at a bank.
Now, I am lift half. I'll spend this money for myself. Of course, I'll buy a new house and car. And I'll decorate it with curtains and furniture. I want to get a library. I'll fill many bookshelves all around wall. Also, I would like to het a music room with a piano, a violin, a flute, a bass guitar and so on... Maybe I need to learn how to play some instruments.
I hope to travel all over Europe on my own. And I will establish a school. So, I wil be schoolmistress. If I were schoolmistress, I would employ a competent teacher. Likewise, if I had enough time and money, I would enjoy my hobby and learn something I couldn't do.
I hope to have fair skin and nice body for health. So, I'll go to a beauty salon for skin and health.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: