Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The way of learning English

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hideo kokubo

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 9:23 pm    Post subject: The way of learning English Reply with quote

I'm 64 years old Japanese male who was retired from career two years ago . I have much free times and also have many favorite things to do now . One of my favorite one is to get an ability of speaking English , especially about daily life. I'm sure, the best way to learn English is to go to native speaker' land and study English through ordinary life.
First of all, i' like to know that what kind of school or community college are there for foreign people ?
If you had some suggestions or advices , please let me know !
I'd appreciate much
Sunnee

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 9:43 am    Post subject: learning English Reply with quote

Hi Hideo

I think you have the right idea about learning English, go straight to the source. But chatting in a forum like this is also important, it gives you an opportunity to meet native English speakers from other countries from the comfort of your own home!

The more you practice the better you will become and when you do eventually get an opportunity to travel you will be equiped with the skill to speak English, thus making your travelling experience more rewarding.

Have a super day, BYE!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: