flashcards (or sometimes: nomenclature cards)

<b> Forum for discussing activities and games that work well in the classroom </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

Roddy Scott

flashcards (or sometimes: nomenclature cards)

Post by Roddy Scott » Thu Apr 24, 2003 4:58 am

Hello there,
I'm working in Hong Kong and have been trying to get a source- a producer- of flashcards for use in the classroom here for a long time without success. I am of the opinion that teaching new vocabulary without these is like Sysiphus and his rock pushed uphill for eternity- poor fellow. I will have new classes in September, mostly juniors, and want to have flashcards by then. The Head of English has a budget- happily- and I have been advised in the past by an ex-Japanese teacher friend of mine from NZ, that 'bojinsha.com' or similar, in Japan, have excellent cards, categorised by topic in English. I definitely do not want random cards a-z, as I have had little use for them in the past (tried- failed.) I tried to contact the email address in Japan in the past, supplied by my friend, no luck- no reply. I would be very grateful if any teacher, or representative or whatever, out there in the ether, could supply me with information (of course), I must say that a catalogue, especially, with a full description of the items requested, would be absolutely ideal. My deepest and most sincere apologies to anyone who finds me rather long-winded, but I like to be concise- I find it helps to avoid misunderstanding and time wasting. Also I am rather old-fashioned, although I do not lack street credibility by any manner of means. Take Care, and May the Road Rise Up To Meet You!

Celeste

Post by Celeste » Mon Apr 28, 2003 8:01 am

You might try the following website. They have some stuff that might be suitable. If you contact them, I'm sure they can help you find wht you are looking for.

http://www.littleamerica.co.jp/en/main/tope.html

Leo

Post by Leo » Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:58 pm

This site sells ESL flashcards by category:

http://www.eslkidstuff.com