doing homework in class-please help!

<b> Forum for discussing activities and games that work well in the classroom </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

elibennet

Post by elibennet » Sun Mar 07, 2004 2:10 pm

Hi
I do agree with Rania`s ideas. Here`s another one, though I don`t know if it can`t be put into practice in the institution where you are teaching. Tell them you understand that they are pressed for time, but you have to teach them English, so if they pay attention for the first hour and a half of the class, participating and having an active role in the class, not only will you let them have half an hour to do homework for other subjects but you will ask for little homework. ç
Hope it´s useful. By the way, being a softy is one thing and understanding the students`needs is another.
:lol:

rinat

hi

Post by rinat » Mon Mar 08, 2004 9:07 am

I think that you as a teacher who carries for her pupils should arrange a staff meeting about this issue. Sometimes teachers unaware of other subjects except of there own; therefore, you must open their eyes and ask them to reduce the amount of homework
they are giving to your pupils.
:lol: [/b]

Tulp

Post by Tulp » Tue Mar 09, 2004 12:29 pm

:lol: My pupils always start their homework in class. That way I have filled the last 10 to 15 minutes of the lesson.

Memnoch

Homework in class

Post by Memnoch » Sun Mar 21, 2004 5:00 am

I told my students they could do homework in class.. I dont care.. if they want to learn English its up to them.

They are Highschool grade 1. I said, as long as they were quiet.. I didnt care.

THey are under enough pressure as it is..

Memnoch