Adding Technology to Lesson Plans

<b> Forum for discussing activities and games that work well in the classroom </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

DBaccaro

Adding Technology to Lesson Plans

Post by DBaccaro » Tue May 29, 2012 3:21 pm

When I become an ESL teacher, I think it is important to add some technology into my lessons. I think that technology will keep the students interested and motivated, especially if they are able to interact with the technology. Many teachers use powerpoints daily, but what are some interactive technology based activities that can keep the students interested? I know there are a lot of interactive computer games, but what if my classroom doesn't have computers. Personally, I learn better when I try things out myself, so I think it would be good to add some interactive technology to my classroom.

RozannaB

Post by RozannaB » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:50 pm

I definitely agree with you that technology is important to add to your lessons. Our world is rapidly changing and becoming more dependent on technology, especially in the classroom. Students are often ahead of the game because they are growing up with this technology. It is a great way to keep students engaged and shake things up. The good news is that you can incorporate technology into the classroom even without the use of computers! There are commercially produced CD's, videotapes, and DVDs, self-made CD's, videotapes, and DVDs, overhead projectors, and a tape recorder. You could also use a video or digital camera to record skits and play it on a VHS or DVD player. There are many ways to get creative and use technology without the use of computers! :)

monica1305

Applying technology in the classroom

Post by monica1305 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:16 pm

I agree with you both. Applying technology in the classroom is imperative in these days
Hello!. My name is Carmen. I am working in a project for my class on how to apply technology in my lesson plan at USF University, in Florida. I have found that PowerPoint and Windows Movie Maker are easy to use multimedia tools to enhance your lesson plans. Students can acquire computer skills in these softwares in the form of Webquests, multiple choice quizzes, building Web pages using PowerPoint and making simple videos using Windows Movie Maker.
Using technology in the classroom, whether in elementary or secondary school, is an expectation in the curricula of just about every grade level. Some teachers are at a loss as to how to do this. My response to them is that if you make the experience fun, kids will want to participate.