Halloween Activities

<b> Forum for discussing activities and games that work well in the classroom </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

jroden84

Halloween Activities

Post by jroden84 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:13 am

Hello all! I am a high school teacher in China, and I am looking for some ideas for tomorrow night's English Corner.. They're throwing a Halloween party of some sort and want me to come up with some fun games, but everything I find requires a bunch of resources.. We don't have access to any resources, really.

The kids are low-level English learners around 14-17 years of age.. I'd appreciate any ideas :) Something that gets them talking, moving, having fun, etc. No worksheets, board work, etc. of course..

Thanks in advance!

Sally Olsen
Location: Canada,France, Brazil, Japan, Mongolia, Greenland, Canada, Mongolia, Ethiopia next

Post by Sally Olsen » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:02 am

Making Jack-O-Lanterns with any large fruit painted orange. Bobbing for apples. Turn out the lights and tell scary stories or show a mildly scary movie. Put up a white sheet with a strong light behind and do an "operation"on someone important -pulling out sausages from the stomach, spaghetti cooked, tennis balls for eyes ( more than two ) dripping sponge for brains. If they come in costume have a parade. If not you can bring in clothes and have teams for a dress up race - run down to the clothes, dress, undress and run back. Learn Michael Jackson's "Thriller". Get them to do a trick for a treat.
Guess the number of jelly beans in a jar. Make a Haunted House with things from the dollar store - plastic white sheeted ghosts, spiders, spider webs from wool or thread. Have them do a Hallowe'en craft - lots of ideas on Hallowe'en websites. Marshmallow food fight.

jroden84

Post by jroden84 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:23 am

Thanks for the suggestions but we had NONE of those resources -lol- We managed though.

Sally Olsen
Location: Canada,France, Brazil, Japan, Mongolia, Greenland, Canada, Mongolia, Ethiopia next

Post by Sally Olsen » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:37 pm

Look up fluffyhamster for Hallowe'en. He taught in China and has some great ideas. If you type in fluffyhamster and Halloween you will get loads of possible games for next year or the next holiday.