ROLE PLAYS

<b> Forum for discussing activities and games that work well in the classroom </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

MaureenQC

ROLE PLAYS

Post by MaureenQC » Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:37 pm

My classes are made up of retired or semi-retired adults who travel a fair amount. In the past I have used role plays pretty effectively but the classes were smaller then.

One of my classes has ± 18 students which I often divide into sub-groups of 4-6 for most activities. The classroom is not necessarily super large.

Any ideas on how to do role plays with so many students?

If I lump them all together, there are a number who will dominate the game and a good number who will be bored because their turn doesn't come up often enough.

If I split them into sub-groups, I'm afraid there may be too much distraction and noise between the groups that will disturb them.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Sally Olsen
Location: Canada,France, Brazil, Japan, Mongolia, Greenland, Canada, Mongolia, Ethiopia next

Post by Sally Olsen » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:24 pm

I added screens that pulled across on laundry lines out of cheap bedsheets. If the noise got too high I flicked the lights and that brought the noise down.