April Fool's Day

<b> Forum for discussing activities and games that work well in the classroom </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

Yelsel China

April Fool's Day

Post by Yelsel China » Sun Mar 28, 2004 9:06 am

Does anyone have any ideas for fun and appropriate jokes/tricks that a teacher can play on classes of senior grade 1 kids (ages 15-16) on April Fool's Day? I know at least one of my classes has something in mind for me (God help me! :shock:), and I want to get in on the fun by tricking them.

A couple of things to note: I don't test them or grade them -- these are oral English classes -- and they are 3 of my most nightmarish classes (they are WAY TOO sneaky and rambunctious).

Morgoth

April Fool's

Post by Morgoth » Tue Mar 30, 2004 12:09 pm

Well, my trick on my fellow english teachers is this. There is a padlock on the teacher's office that we use to lock up at night, I am going to lock them in for a few minutes in the morning :lol:

I think a class is going to play a trick on me as well, one idea I have is to make up a phony test. Say that it is part of a new curriculum the school wants you to do. Make the 3rd or 4th question "What day is today?" If they do not know then write on the board in big letters "APRIL FOOLS!"