Team teaching

<b> Forum for discussing activities and games that work well in the classroom </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

Rufus T Firefly

Team teaching

Post by Rufus T Firefly » Tue Mar 25, 2003 6:17 pm

Just done my CELTA, lucky enough to get a job taking over from someone who has to go home for personal reasons. He has asked me to "team teach" with him next week, and wants me to come up with suggestions. Does anyone know of any good activities for two teachers? Much obliged,
Rufus

Glenski

Post by Glenski » Tue Mar 25, 2003 8:29 pm

Rufus,

Please describe the class.

Showem

Post by Showem » Wed Mar 26, 2003 8:04 am

I've done a fair amount of team teaching on intensive courses with other teachers. I really enjoy it because you can learn a lot by observing another teacher. We normally had one person do one topic, with the other person in the back watching, and then they would trade when a new topic was introduced. Having another teacher around is great for having to model complicated pair exercises. Also good are activities which require a lot of monitoring of the students, as 4 ears and 4 eyes pick up more than 2. Or, have one teacher asking the class for examples of target language and the other one writing the responses on the board/flipchart.