How to control the students efficiently during an activity

<b> Forum for discussing activities and games that work well in the classroom </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

Linda Lin

How to control the students efficiently during an activity

Post by Linda Lin » Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:56 am

Hi, everyone.I am now taking a part time job as an English teacher for elementary students. In my class, there are some activities. But sometimes I find it is very hard to control them. Sometimes, they are too noisy or sometimes they can't consentrate on what we are learning. Can you give me some suggestions on how to control them properly? :wink:

Emily Jia

Post by Emily Jia » Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:26 am

Hi, don't worry. This's a common problem for the teachers who teach the primary school students. Maybe you are too kind towards them. If they think you are so kind, they will not be afraid of you. You kind also have a talk with them after class. You they like you, they will like to listen to your class and cooperate with you. Also, you can use some interesting activities to draw their attention. In that case, they will don't have time to think something else, and they will listen to your class carefully. Good luck.

Linda Lin

Post by Linda Lin » Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:35 am

Thanks a lot. I feel so comfortable after getting your suggestions. You know I have tried to chat with them after class but next class, they seem to forget what they promisted to do last time. What should I do? :wink: