Desperately seeking a reading activity puzzle game

<b> Forum for discussing activities and games that work well in the classroom </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

missnmiller

Desperately seeking a reading activity puzzle game

Post by missnmiller » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:09 am

I am desperately trying to find two reading games that I used to use with students. Unfortunately my copies of the game were lost in transit. One is from a mainstream book like cutting edge etc and the other a less well known book.

The first game is called something like "How to become a millionaire" it is a set of about 25 cards, each with a little reading passage and at the end 3 options for the students to choose which directs them to another card. The game is fabulous, some students choose to go to university others to travel around the world and all the time they record how much money they have according to the card. The way to become a millionaire is to chose the path which leads to a toy dinosaur making company.

If anyone has seen this game please let me know :(

The other game was a similar style but involved the students trying to escape from a hotel where a murder had taken place

Brian

Post by Brian » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:05 am

Hi Missnmiller

Those two games sound great, and if you track them down please shae them with us.

I have two reading puzzle games on my site you might like to try. Here's a link:

http://www.grammarmancomic.com/free_reading.html

Brian