Parole Board

<b> Forum for discussing activities and games that work well in the classroom </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

mcarlo

Parole Board

Post by mcarlo » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:59 pm

Hello Colleagues in ESL,

Recently I came across an article that mentioned a parole board activity that was adopted for use in the Spanish classroom. The article, A Novel Format for Teaching Spanish Grammar: Lessons from the Lecture Hall in Foreign Language Annals Vol. 41 No. 3 pp. 434-451 by Eve Zyzik of Michigan State University mentioned this website. The reference is on p. 447 in the footnotes: "The idea for the task came from Dave's ESL Cafe. We have adopted it to a decision-making task suitable for targeting the uses of por and para. Does anyone know where I can find this Parole Board Activity that was adopted from this website.

fluffyhamster

Post by fluffyhamster » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:46 pm

Hi mcarlo, I found what appears to be that activity by entering 'parole board' into the 'Site Search' box (at the top right of every screen), then clicking on the first of the two customized Google search results. (It seems to be part of the Speaking activities in the Idea Cookbook). :wink:
http://www.eslcafe.com/idea/index.cgi?d ... -89181.txt