Launched: www.mingtheminibus.com

<b> Forum for discussing activities and games that work well in the classroom </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

nomadxx

Launched: www.mingtheminibus.com

Post by nomadxx » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:35 am

This site will allow teachers to access Ming the Minibus cartoons for use in English classes. The site will eventually contain other language resources based on the Ming the Minibus character. These will include books as well as worksheets.

www.mingtheminibus.com

Brian

Post by Brian » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:39 pm

Hi Nomadxx

Slick little cartoon. Were you involved in producing it? Can you tell me more background ... where is it made? How many people are involved?

Brian

*** COMICS *** for ESL students www.grammarmancomic.com

nomadxx

Ming the Minibus Tours the World.

Post by nomadxx » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:13 am

Hi Brian
Unfortunately I am not that talented to be involved in the production. A locally based company here liked the character and books that are on the Pnet website. They can be downloaded in Powerpoint format and teachers can change the text to suit their kids. But cannot publish them as Goodlink have the trademark.

http://www.west-web.net/hkpnetsforum/in ... opic=820.0

Anyway at a Licensing fair in Dubai a company like the idea that Ming was non violent and a happy guy . They then offerred to animate the cartoon version in association with Goodlink in Hong Kong
[email protected]

Goodlink then arrange the post production, music, songs, stories and voices to be done in Los Angeles. I believe the music guy apparently won some prestigious award for his work on Walt Disneys 'The Little Mermaid".

Anyway the series went to air in Hong Kong, Macau and Southern China. The ratings were very high and ATV were please with the series. Recently the local channel that is a competitor with ATV as a mjor free to air channel has rescheduled their programming so we are now competing with 'Sesame Street". Nice compliment.

I have had a look at your comic web site and am very impressed. Maybe we could collaborate one day and produce a Ming comic.

I am also at present looking at producing a Ming board game to teach an aspect of English.