how to teach the senior school students writing?

<b> Forum for material writers </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

yanyin

how to teach the senior school students writing?

Post by yanyin » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:08 am

I am a senior school teacher. I find it is difficult to teach my students to write.And my students sometimes tell me that they often care more about the form and the grammar . So they have difficult to express themselves freely.What should we do

Danielprice

Post by Danielprice » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:19 am

Hai.. :)

Young teens will be most suitable to make appropriate gains in their ability to write well when the focus of their writing is on those experiences and topics which immediately concern them.
Writing ability cannot be improved overnight. It takes a long time and a good learning environment.
Writing tips available here: http://essayacademia.com/
You might get some useful substance there too.

RozannaB

Writing in the ESL Classroom

Post by RozannaB » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:32 am

I think writing is definitely one of the harder areas of learning a second language to teach because a lot of things go into it. There is the grammar, spelling, punctuation, and vocabulary. I think it is a good idea to make connections to their own culture, which will help them become more motivated to write. Another good idea is to connect reading and writing. For example, if you are working on reading a book, have students write journal entries about what they are reading to give them a clear topic to write about. I think it is also best to establish good habits from the very start so always include prewriting, rough drafts, and revising into formal writing assignments. Good luck!