Ideas needed for groupwork resource book

<b> Forum for material writers </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

getintogroups

Ideas needed for groupwork resource book

Post by getintogroups » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:47 pm

Do you have a tried-and-true technique or short activity you use to divide your students up for group or pairwork? How do you get them to work with students that they don’t already know and who don’t speak their native language?

I’m an ESL teacher and materials developer and am interested in your input for a project that will include a compilation of resources on group work. If your submission is included you will be credited and will receive a copy of the compilation for your own reference. If interested, please email me with a brief description of your technique/activity, along with all of your pertinent info. You’ll be contacted for further details if your submission meets the project’s guidelines. Thanks for your help!
You can post your info here, or write to: [email protected]

emile

Post by emile » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:13 am

Hi.

I don't really like to use an activity or method to group them. I prefer to select the groups myself and I often take the time to plan this out before the class.

I don't want one student to dominate the group, and I don't want to have 'alpha males' together. I want the students to feel comfortable and have partners who they can work well together with.

emile

Post by emile » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:14 am

...and I just noticed your email address. awesome!