Overseas American teachers - Please respond!

<b> Forum for ESL/EFL teachers working with secondary school students </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

uhstudent

Overseas American teachers - Please respond!

Post by uhstudent » Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:32 am

Aloha!

If you are an American currently teaching English overseas, I would like to interview you! I am looking to get in contact with an American who teaches, or has taught within the past twelve (12) months, English in an Asian country—preferably Japan, China, or Korea. I will interview you briefly via email on the trials that you have faced being an overseas English teacher.

I am a current student majoring in Literature at the University of Hawaii campus in Pearl City, Hawaii. I am in my senior year, and am exploring my options regarding career possibilities with a BA-Literature degree. I am considering teaching as an option, and would like to explore the overseas field. Please help!

Thank you very much,

Jacqueline Burkett-Erice

1) Why did you decide to be an overseas English teacher? Who or what inspired you?
2) What is the hugest obstacle you have had to overcome in pursuing this goal?
3) How do students in Japan differ from students in America (if you have had experience with both)?
4) What are the common problems that students in Japan face when attempting to learn English?
5) What would you say is the best thing about your current position?
6) Why is it better (or worse) than teaching in America?