Searching for penpals for my students

<b> Forum for ESL/EFL teachers working with secondary school students </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

Lindapatrik

Searching for penpals for my students

Post by Lindapatrik » Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:19 pm

Hi! My name is Linda and I am working as an English teacher in Gothenburg, Sweden. I would like penpals for my students. I teach English and Swedish, and I want to find a school/class that would like to correspond with us in English. I teach students from 6th to 9th grade (that is 12-16 years old). Hope to get answers from you :lol: . Yors sincerely, Linda

argemiro amaya buelvas

Let's help each other

Post by argemiro amaya buelvas » Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:17 pm

Hi, Lindapatrik

Let me just first introduce myself, My name is Argemiro amaya buelvas, I am 28. I work as an English teacher at Universidad de Córdoba. I earned this degree at the same university I work. I have two years an a half working here. I do have the same neeed you have.
So, my single question is, how can we get in touch to have a possible international friendship circle?

please write to me as soon as you can.

[email protected]

Gabriel

penpals

Post by Gabriel » Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:04 pm

Hi, I'm Gabriel. I'm a teacher of English from Romania. I teach English in a highschool and I have some students (14-18 years old) who would be interested in changing ideas with students from around the world using Yahoo Messenger.

Jsantro

Pen Pals for High-School Students

Post by Jsantro » Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:32 pm

HI!
I just joined and would like to follow up on the idea suggested by Linda. Starting September 2005, I will be coordinating the ESL department for a High School in Puerto La Cruz, Venezuela, and would very much like to offer my higher-level students (Juniors and Seniors) the chance to practice their English with penpals -preferably non-spanish speakers so they really have to make an effort :P. I have looked at several pages and found some options, but would truly appreciate suggestions. Has anyone been able to set up a group?

Jenn_ma

pen pals from Beijing, China

Post by Jenn_ma » Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:14 am

Hi, Linda. I teach English in a secondary school in Beijing, China, called " the High School Affiliated to People's University". My students now are generally around 12 years old, and I think to find them English pen pals is a good idea. Send me an e-mail if you're interested.
Well, my nams is Jenn. I'm Chinese. This is my e-mail adress: [email protected] :D

lnovm

Post by lnovm » Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:34 am

Hi Linda,
I just read your message. I would be interested in a pen pal system or to anyone else who sees this message feel free to contact me. I teach ESL to middle school students.

I am also interested in teaching english abroad in the summer of 2006. I am looking for something in sweden. Any ideas????

Lisa