new teacher

<b> Forum for the discussion on ESL/EFL textbooks </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

dteach

new teacher

Post by dteach » Fri Jul 04, 2003 8:37 pm

I have a month before I start my first teaching job in Korea and I would like to prepare a little for the experience. Can anyone suggest books I could get to give myself a little intro to teaching? Or any other suggestions for preparing?
Thanks!
dteach

blanca

Post by blanca » Sat Jul 05, 2003 12:49 am

Congratulations! What grade are you going to teach? It will be helpful if you mention your student's English level. Just remember you need a wide variety of books you need to include all genres. Once you start working with your students you will observe what kind a reading they prefer. Good Luck!

dteach

books???

Post by dteach » Sat Jul 05, 2003 4:54 pm

Acutally I will have all the materials when I arrive as far as teaching the class, but I really want to know more about teaching ESL in general. I have never taught so I guess I am looking for some reading about how to be an effective/interesting teacher. There must such a book out there for us newbees. I will be teaching ages 7-15, but don't know their ability/level at this time.
Any input is GREATLY appreciated!
thanks!!