Playa del Carmen

<b>Forum for teachers teaching TOEFL </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

nicehat

Playa del Carmen

Post by nicehat » Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:24 pm

Are there any bad points to Playa del Carmen? Is it crowded or expensive for example.

Has it been easy for past students to find enjoyable work in the area or other parts of Mexico? Do you have to work in the cities to survive?

I'd love to find out more about the teaching positions past students have found. Locations, hours, accommodation etc. More importantly, do you have the time and the money to enjoy yourself while you teach in Mexico?

Positive and negative replies appreciated

karitachiquita

Playa Del CArmen

Post by karitachiquita » Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:38 am

I used to live in Cancun, and I love the coast very much, the only bad things I can think of are there are alot o Europeans there , therefore taking away from the true mexican Culture.. I love the Mexican people very much and so I can only think of that.. oh maybe if you like big cities.. Playa is small but has almost everything you need.. just no malls...
you will love it..

yellowsea

RE: Playa del Carmen

Post by yellowsea » Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:40 pm

Hi,

Just wondering if you went to Playa Del Carmen afterall, or somewhere on the Mexican coast. I am interested in living on the coast of Oaxaca and have some questions.

Thanks.