can someone help me grade my essay

<b>Forum for teachers teaching TOEFL </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

mumtaz

can someone help me grade my essay

Post by mumtaz » Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:31 pm

Hi,

I'm new here :D and would like someone to help me grade my essay. I'm not sure if I'm ready to take the exam yet. Here is the essay:-

36 - Choose one of the following transportation vehicles and explain why you think it has changed people`s lives. * automobiles * bicycles * airplanes Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Human's invention especially in the field of transportation has change tremendously how people live their lives. I think, out of all the available transportation, automobiles has given the biggest impact to how we perform our daily task.

Nowdays, automobiles are so common that every family would have one. The term family car has it's merrit, normally the whole family would utilize it to perform daily routine task live going to the grocceries, market, school and to work. Its not possible for a person to walk as all the places are far apart. A working mother could send her kids to the school and then take herself to work. Imagine if she didn't have a car, it would be difficult for her to perform all this task in such a short time.

Automobile has also made our lives simpler and convenient. Imagine if you need to go out to the movies or even take your family to a concert. Is you didn't have your own car, you'll be dependent on public transport or you wouldn't even be able to do it. This would be a loss as you couldn't spend time with your love one doing something all of you enjoy. I think having your own car allow you more freedom and choices in selecting the best recreational activity for you and your family.

Another area where i think automobiles has change how we do things is in how faster and quicker it allows us to reach other people. It takes us less time now to travel from one place to another. It has also made it possible for us to travel quite a distance from our homes. This makes it easy for us to get connected to each other. People can easily visit their friend and family who are staying far away from them if they had their own car.

Apart from all this, I think the most important change automobiles has brought to our live is that is has allow us to be more independent and self sufficient. By having our own automobile, we can perform any job we need to do without asking for other peoples help or even depending on other. This has trully made us more free to live our lives to the best of our ability.

That's all. Thanks

Regards,
-Mumtaz

Lorikeet

Post by Lorikeet » Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:28 pm

Hi Mumtaz, if no one answers your post here, you might like to try posting in the "Help Center" on the Student Forums on this website. The teachers who read the "Help Center" do it to help students, while the teachers who post here generally ask and answer questions about teaching.

mumtaz

Post by mumtaz » Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:57 pm

Ok Thanks I'll do that

matview

Post by matview » Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:41 pm

very well written. You should get high score out of it. I feel it is a bit too long.