interested in becoming teacher/admin, best route?

<b>Forum for teachers teaching TOEFL </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

vnusmars

interested in becoming teacher/admin, best route?

Post by vnusmars » Sat Dec 13, 2003 8:44 pm

I am interested in becoming a teacher/administrator for an English school in a European country. I am particularly interested in Eastern Europe, including Hungary and the former Yugoslavia.

I currently hold a B.A. and M.A. in Music, and was a university and community college instructor for 7 years. I currently work in the automotive finance division of Volkswagen & Audi as a customer service manager.

I am thinking of enrolling in a program to increase my chances of obtaining a position overseas.
I had previously researched one of the "one month immersion" CELTA programs in Prague and came very close to enrolling before I obtained my position at VW.

Primarily, I am investigating an M.A.-TESOL program at Portland State University. I intend to satisfy the language requirements by taking 2 years of German.

Does anyone have advice or suggestions as to the best course of action? Am I making a good decision in terms of obtaining a better post than if I went the CELTA certification route?

Thanks - and I apologize if this is in the wrong forum.