Best TOELF IBT text books

<b>Forum for teachers teaching TOEFL </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

hancockinc

Best TOELF IBT text books

Post by hancockinc » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:05 pm

Hi we are starting a TOEFL program and we are wondering what other teacher are using as far as textbook and which books you feel are the best

Thank you

TOEFLteacher

Books

Post by TOEFLteacher » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:31 am

In my Hagwon we use "Mastering skills for the TOEFL iBT Speaking" by Patrick Yancey. Casey Malarcher. Jeff Zeter the publisher Compass Tests . It brakes every question down and gives you a couple of activities that help build some skills. Hopes this helps

wenchstalker

Post by wenchstalker » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:13 am

Are you going to have separate classes, or one class that teaches all TOEFL topics? For a comprehensive book, I recommend NorthStar or DELTA.

Otherwise, I teach both speaking and writing and have some pretty good books for both of those. I still with the compass writing books www.compasspub.com/toeflibt

I start with the Basic series, do the first two of that, then do Building Skills and Developing Skills, do the Basic 3, and then the Mastering Skills. It's pretty intensive, but it's working well.

As to speaking, I personally like the Darakwon press speaking books.

Hope it helps!

dkakalov

I would suggest to suplement the books with online materials

Post by dkakalov » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:34 am

Since TOEFL iBT is taken online, I would suggest to supplement your textbooks with some online materials. You may find here some very useful materials:

TOEFL iBT Online Preparation