bad credit when applying

<b>Forum for teachers teaching TOEFL </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

flaco

bad credit when applying

Post by flaco » Fri Dec 19, 2003 8:10 pm

hi. i'm in my 20's and i'm hoping to get an ESL job with one of the "big 3" in japan. i have a lot of teaching experience (10+ years -- some university, high-school, private instruction etc... in music) but i'm in a ton of credit card debt. also, because of an injury, fell behind on some payments a few months ago. current now...

will this be a serious issue with U.S. recruiters hiring for japan? they say they do a credit check.

any info would be much appreciated. thanks.

PAULH

Re: bad credit when applying

Post by PAULH » Thu Feb 12, 2004 12:37 pm

flaco wrote:hi. i'm in my 20's and i'm hoping to get an ESL job with one of the "big 3" in japan. i have a lot of teaching experience (10+ years -- some university, high-school, private instruction etc... in music) but i'm in a ton of credit card debt. also, because of an injury, fell behind on some payments a few months ago. current now...

will this be a serious issue with U.S. recruiters hiring for japan? they say they do a credit check.

any info would be much appreciated. thanks.
Flaco

I just saw your post.

I dont think they will be too concerned with your financial status or creditworthiness- if you go with NOVA they will set you up in an apartment and lend you money in the first few months (be aware they make money out of it though). They just want to know if you can do a job and dont do a runner on them in the first few months.

Bear in mind you wont make a lot in the first few months as you get organised, and you will also need to think about how you will send money back if you are in Japan, to pay off your debts.

Expect to save up to $700 a month after your expenses working for the big companies.

flaco

Post by flaco » Fri Feb 13, 2004 7:34 am

thanks, paul.

how do other people take care of debt payments from overseas? any idea? i figured i'd wire some money from japan into an account here in the states. have been meaning to speak with my bank about this...

flaco

Post by flaco » Fri Feb 13, 2004 7:35 am

thanks, paul.

how do other people take care of debt payments from overseas? any idea? i figured i'd wire some money from japan into an account here in the states. have been meaning to speak with my bank about this...

jasonriley

Bad Credit Home Loans

Post by jasonriley » Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:51 pm

Just to let you guys in on a little known secret in the Real Estate and Finance world. There is a place that we use on the web that specializes in bad credit home lending that charges NOTHING to apply.

We use this resource each and every day to assist our clients with poor credit obtain financing for a house. They don’t care if you have filed bankruptcy or have poor credit.

Log on to www.LansingFinancial.com and fill out an application on line for FREE! It takes 5 minutes.

[email protected]