Next Generation TOEFL

<b>Forum for teachers teaching TOEFL </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

ESLer

Next Generation TOEFL

Post by ESLer » Fri Feb 11, 2005 1:23 am

Can someone tell me where to find the preparation materials for the next generation TOEFL test, which will include speaking part? I am looking for a website, or a sample course, or a piece of software to take a look to see what it's like.

Thanks.

Pink Piggy

There isn't much out there...

Post by Pink Piggy » Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:16 pm

Hi!
Actually, there isn't much out there at the present time, other than what you can order from the official site: www.toefl.org

Longman is working on a book, but the release date has been pushed back. Rogers (Heinle and Heinle) won't have a new book ready for a year or so, from what I've heard from publishers.

-Sharon

evak

The next generation TOEFL

Post by evak » Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:00 pm

Hi everyone,

Actually there are new materials for next generation TOEFL available. Check out www.esl-pro.com. They offer quite a few new software packages- i.e. 2005 TOEFL Grand Slam, which includes practice tests and workbooks. They also have 2005 TOEFL Test Pack, which includes three practice tests for next generation TOEFL (each test has four sections - Reading, Listening, Writing and Speaking). I checked them out and they are really good.
You can also go to www.free-toefl.com where you can take one of the practice tests for free.
Hope this information helps.

Eva

pikawicca

Post by pikawicca » Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:59 pm

Check out "The Michigan Guide for Academic Success and Better TOEFL Test Scores" (University of Michigan Press, 2004). It covers the integrated skills required for the next-generation TOEFL and comes with a useful CD. I really like the clear and logical organization of this book.