TEFL school info?

<b>Forum for teachers teaching TOEFL </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

SigEv

TEFL school info?

Post by SigEv » Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:50 am

I am interested in taking the TEFL class in Barcelona, Spain. I am also interested in teaching there as well. Can anyone offer any advise as to a good school to attend, and the practicality of finding a job in Barcelona or Spain in General? I hear that with Europe uniting as a union, it's hard for Americans to get jobs in Western Europe. I guess in general, I need help in finding out what questions to ask overall. I'm really motivated to go, but like most just want to be as prepared as possible.

Thanks in Advance

joshua2004

Post by joshua2004 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:55 pm

If you are American, I hear it can be near impossible to get a job in Spain. And the jobs you can get, you would probably regret it. That said, do you have a degree? Bachelors or Masters? If you do, you do not need a TEFL certificate. In almost all parts of the world, a bachelors is required to teach there, NOT a TEFL cert. And the jobs available to you with just a TEFL cert are on the lowest quality end of the job spectrum.

Please go to the Spain forum in the International Job Forum on the homepage for more info on Spain.