Any help for esl teachers facing contract breaches??

<b>Forum for teachers teaching TOEFL </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

dreaded209

Any help for esl teachers facing contract breaches??

Post by dreaded209 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:58 am

Any advice for seeking financial reimbursement or advice for teachers who are being made to work WELL over their contracted teaching time, in addition, contracted overtime pay is not offered and when asked about, is outright rejected.

I can send copies of contracts and teaching schedules if necessary, the main fact is i am in school, and required to be, for over 40 hours extra per week, and i should be paid 20 dollars (roughly) per hour overtime

I am in korea and I seek to find either advice on a mediator or legal council as i am 6 months in and have asked about this pretty much every month...to the same talkaround conversation by the academy.

Please help, I would almost ignore this but I am also facing prejudice and discrimination at this academy, they make it very hard to teach the kids, who i actually give a damn about....and i know Korea is renouned for their mistreatment of teachers, hence I seek only advice re: the contract etc.

My contract was legalised and notarised and apostille stamped by major sollicitors company in the uk and by the uk government prior to my arrivel in korea, as per the new requirements....which has to help me, right?

Please, any help would be great.

you can email me at [email protected]
(dreaded209 at gmail dot com)

Lorikeet

Post by Lorikeet » Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:19 am

I think you should check out the Korea Forum on this website, instead of the Teacher Forum under TOEFL. They might be able to help.

dreaded209

What korea forum?

Post by dreaded209 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:24 am

Hi, erm, I can find no such forum and desparately need some help on this ASAP, I am working almost 15 hours over per week and am abaout to go way past 6 months in (when i have a feeling I can get out of this contract as the teacher previous to me did the same)

kOREA FORUM? PLEASE POST THE LINK INSTEAD OF JUST TELLING ME ABOUT THIS IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND FORUM, SORRY BUT THIS SITUATION IS UNBEARABLE