regarding using YouTube in 7th grade class

<b> Forum on how to use video in the classroom </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

eliasaf.y1

regarding using YouTube in 7th grade class

Post by eliasaf.y1 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:10 pm

Hi guys
I'm new year and I would be glad to hear your opinions regarding using 7- 10 minutes YouTube video in a 7th grade class.
I'm an English B.ed and I'm planning a unit dealing with people with disabilities who achieved great things in their life and affect other people as well.
The length of the short video is around 7 minuthes attached the link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrV_ZvwZRvw
what is the best way to show the videos? to stop and explain or with no stops
Thank you all

Sally Olsen
Location: Canada,France, Brazil, Japan, Mongolia, Greenland, Canada, Mongolia, Ethiopia next

Post by Sally Olsen » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:08 am

If there is not a translation, I usually show it through, ask for summaries from the students and give them a portion of a transcript of the main idea with vocabulary games and questions and a place to write their own stories which I type out with corrections and share the small book with the students, keeping one in the student library.

eliasaf.y1

Post by eliasaf.y1 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:08 pm

Hi Sally
There is no translation for the vid, but the massage is quite vivid so I believe they will understand even without translation. I think I'll make some pauses from time to time and use your idea of ask the students if they familiar with people with disability who manage to prosper
Thanl you very much