ClassFlicks - Educational Video Aggregator

<b> Forum on how to use video in the classroom </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

enzofsilva

ClassFlicks - Educational Video Aggregator

Post by enzofsilva » Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:50 am

Hi guys,

I've created www.classflicks.com as a place for teacher (and students) to post interesting EDUCATIONAL videos they find all over teh internet (like Youtube, Metacafe, Veoh, DailyMotion, and many others)... When a good video is found, instead of having to UPLOAD the whole video again, all you have to do is copy the EMBED CODE from the hosting website and paste it on a new post's DESCRIPTION on ClassFlicks... Also, if, first thing, you post the videos URL when creating a new video/post, ClassFlicks will try to fill out information like TITLE and SOURCE for you automatically...

Much like Digg.com, when you post a new item it will go to the UNPUBLISHED area and other users will vote for your video... once it gets 5 votes it goes to the PUBLISHED area (front page)...

Please give it a try and tell me what you think.

I'm also an ESL teacher and created this website to help educator find good videos without having to go through all the "junk" on websites like Youtube every time they want a good video for their class.

Thank you.

Lorikeet

Post by Lorikeet » Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:26 am

Do you have to register to use the site?

enzofsilva

Post by enzofsilva » Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:27 pm

Thanks for asking. :D

I forgot to mention that you have to register (for free) in order to post and vote on videos.

See you on ClassFlicks...

Oh, I created it less than 2 weeks ago, so there aren't that many users. We're still trying to build an active community, which is pretty challenging in the beginning. :D