Ideas for Advanced Adult ESL

<b>Forum for teachers teaching adult education </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

ChrisESL

Ideas for Advanced Adult ESL

Post by ChrisESL » Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:36 pm

Hello All,

I got a new job teaching one-on-one to well educated advanced adults, mostly conversation with some business English. I decided to start a blog of lessons, ideas, curriculum and the like.

I'm blatantly pimping my blog, with the hope that other people will chime in with suggestions ro criticism ("What?! Using South Park?!?").

Check it out:

chrisesl.blogspot.com

jyk2003

Yay

Post by jyk2003 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:41 am

Hello there. I'm jeoulous....That's what I'd like. I'm teaching an adult class (amonst many other classes that I'm trying to get out of) and I've been playing UNO with them while discussing "Mr. Right," (the class is all women), "Dreams" and whoever's turn it was to put a card down, had to ask a question to anyone...they seem to love it!

Ingilizcepratik

Post by Ingilizcepratik » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:17 pm

One of the most important things about teaching is to like and respect the students. Don't think that you have to be an expert on everything. Be willing to indicate if you don't really know; ask if anyone else knows. The students here are older, dedicated, smart and interesting, and you can learn a great deal from them.

Teacher forums:
www.teslcafe.com/forum