interview questions

<b>Forum for teachers teaching adult education </b>

Moderators: Dimitris, maneki neko2, Lorikeet, Enrico Palazzo, superpeach, cecil2, Mr. Kalgukshi2

Heads Up English

interview questions

Post by Heads Up English » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:58 am

I'm putting together a short article on the hiring process at ESL EFL schools -- something to prepare job seekers and a little more targeted than the usual information found at career sites like Monster. Other articles I've written for Heads Up English can be found at: Articles | Heads Up English | ESL EFL.

So here's my question to the forums: What kind of questions were you asked during your job interview(s)?

Post any questions here, please.

Thank you!

Chris Cotter
Heads Up English - Just print, and teach!
www.headsupenglish.com

Macavity

Post by Macavity » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:09 am

The one question that sticks in my mind was whether as a native speaker I felt able to teach and explain grammar. Of course I told a little fib and said Yes :wink:

Well what are you going to do? If you come clean on such a question, you're hardly likely to get the job, are you!

Then the interviewer, nowadays my boss, tried to catch me out with some present perfect misuse, which I didn't react to (I wasn't sure if I was supposed to correct this and thought it best to play safe and ignore it), and finally she sounded me out on spelling....my true week spot :oops: , but I was able to fudge through this bit well enough I think. Judging by the emails and notes that she sends me, this is hardly an issue with her anyway :lol:

Hope this helps.

Living Languages Madrid

Post by Living Languages Madrid » Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:44 am

some questions:

How long have you been teaching English?

How do you feel about teaching classes in-company? Do you believe that you are prepared for this type of teaching?

Hope those help!

http://livinglanguages.net/english-teac ... adrid.html
http://livinglanguages.net